Green Cabover headed north on I-81

A general forum for all things Brockway.

Moderator: 359Huskidrive

Postby steve s. » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:27 pm

Driving near interstate 81 in Lenox, PA this afternoon, I saw a green Brockway cabover headed north on a flatbed. It looked like the windshield may have been gone, but any old Brockway still looks good . Any idea where it may have been going ? Steve
steve s.

Re: Green Cabover headed north on I-81

Postby dbaldwinjr » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:33 pm

I'm going out on a limb here, but i think it was headed to New York. Another deal where the owner might want it kept a secret. :)
dbaldwinjr

Postby huskidrive 359 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:10 pm

Hey Dane, once its on the lowboy in my possession no secrets, good eyes Steve couldn't sneek it by ya, just kidding! Its in tough shape and is missing a windshield, no back window had to crawl through as doors stuck shut. truck sat since 78 I gotta be nuts for dragging it home but its got some good qualities. this is the truck Tom and John Woge posted a while back under Neway air ride discussion. It would have been in Afton but we got delayed at the truck inspection just over the NY state line. (another story a funny one all turned out well) will see if one of the computer guys can post some pictures Paul
huskidrive 359

Postby Huskiedrive361 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:05 pm

Being on the "confidant list" I was able to get some early pictures of the Brockway in question! Here she is in all her glory! Congrats to Steve for keeping watch on the highways for Brockways. Emery - just so you know, this truck traveled NORTH to it's new location!
Attachments
IMG_1609.JPG
IMG_1608.JPG
Stan Augustine

V360TL
Huskiedrive361

Postby Enckway » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:46 am

Paul,
Considering the good qualities you will be fine(easy for me to say). When in doubt drink as many beers as needed and look at the side view pic of that beast on the trailer. That has an awesome wheelbase. The original largecar of cabovers?

Brian
Enckway

Postby Sled Dog » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:05 am

Congratulations Paul,
Thanks for saving another Husky Puppy COE and bringing it back home. Hopefully you can resurrect it.
Sled Dog

Postby oldspwr » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:15 am

There is an interesting story on how Paul came to buy this truck and I figured you guys would enjoy hearing it…

Back in May of 2009 I posted similar topics on both this message board and the ATHS message board asking about the types of Neway suspensions used in Brockways. I received a handful of responses from both boards including an interesting pic from John Woge (on the ATHS board). John’s pic was of a Neway under a Brockway cabover in a junkyard he visited. When I asked him for more info in the truck, he sent me these pics…

Fast forward to November of last year… Paul was thinking about that truck and sends me an email asking if I knew about it. I vaguely remembered the truck but couldn’t find the pics of it (the ones posted above actually…) So I send John Woge a PM asking him if he could send me the pics from a few years back. John responded almost immediately and said that he remembered the truck but his computer crashed recently and he lost the pics.

Sure enough, John sends me a PM a few days after that and said he was delivering a load almost next door to the where the truck was and said he would go over and take some pics of it if it was still there. This was early December of last year. By this time I was thinking to myself that the truck probably wound up being crashed. Later that night John sends me a handful of pics along with the contact info for the owner and said the guy would sell it… Here are the pics he sent with a lot more weeds and brush!!!

Within a week Paul made a visit to the yard and was able to buy the truck and was finally able to bring it home yesterday… So we have to take a minute to thank John Woge for going out of his way to help us out!
oldspwr

Postby MikeHarbison » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:43 pm

I like it,alot.I also like the fact that I can show pics like these to my wife and say" See,I ain't the only one that drags home old rusty trucks"
MikeHarbison

Postby huskidrive 359 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:39 pm

Brian,maybe a couple of beers will make it look better, the wheelbase is growing on me, hope I can resurrect this one Sled Dog. Thanks to John Woge for getting the contact info and thanks to my friends who post pictures for us. Mike, the cop at the truck inspection was trying to figure out why?? I was dragging this rusted out carcuss home also! Paul
huskidrive 359

Postby steve s. » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:01 pm

I guess all you have to do is ask a question in the right place. Thanks for all the information guys ! Nice truck Paul, good luck with it. Steve
steve s.

Postby MikeHarbison » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:59 am

huskidrive 359 wrote:Brian,maybe a couple of beers will make it look better, the wheelbase is growing on me, hope I can resurrect this one Sled Dog. Thanks to John Woge for getting the contact info and thanks to my friends who post pictures for us. Mike, the cop at the truck inspection was trying to figure out why?? I was dragging this rusted out carcuss home also! Paul

They just don't understand,do they Paul.
MikeHarbison

Postby Enckway » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:13 am

Here it is finally home. Thought about a funny quote paul said to me a couple years ago how he was totally content with 2 brockways,my how things change :) .....Brian
Attachments
IMG_1634_640x480.jpg
IMG_1633_640x480.jpg
IMG_1612_640x480.jpg
Enckway

Postby anthony masone sr » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:09 pm

Paul! :roll: lets look at the bright side, everything you do is on the up side of the project.
You don't have to take anything apart.
Your project is only going in one direction that is up!
Good luck Tony
anthony masone sr

Postby John Woge » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:41 pm

WOW !!
I'm thrilled to see this old Brock saved...after watching it sit there for decades.
The wheelbase looks longer on it, sitting the trailer, than it did in the weeds and brush ??
I loaded in Fredericksburg on Wednesday morning.....just missed the excitement...darn !

Mike. H. Can't wait to show this thread to my wife.........she thinks Dad and I are nuts for dragging "junk" home..........

Good luck with the 400 and keep us all posted.....
John
John Woge

Postby huskidrive 359 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:44 pm

John would have been a pleasure to have met, I just came in from the shop, was welding in cab corners and stoage box floors on the new well another 70 cab that will go on the truck have a 12v71 for it , a 15 spd and rears. PM me your email and I'll keep ya posted Thanks again Paul
huskidrive 359

Postby MikeHarbison » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:16 am

15 speed????Come on,Paul,that truck cries out for a 2 stick 4x4.
MikeHarbison

Postby huskidrive 359 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:04 am

Tony thanks for the inspiration only one way to go up!! Mike the truck was built with a 4x4 spicer, but if I put a 2 stick in her you would have to come out here and teach me how to drive it..... sometimes my 13 spd challenges me!!
huskidrive 359

Postby Huskiedrive361 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:54 am

Two stick in a cab over makes for some very busy shift linkages in the cab tunnel, but it can be done!
Stan Augustine

V360TL
Huskiedrive361

Postby Huskiedrive361 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:54 am

Two stick in a cab over makes for some very busy shift linkages in the cab tunnel, but it can be done!
Stan Augustine

V360TL
Huskiedrive361

Postby 71ZCarr » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:17 am

Paul, I think you'd be happier with a 13 speed than a 15, you'll probably never haul anything heavy enough to need the deep reduction in a 15, so basically you'd be running a 10 speed.

My vote would be to find another 4x4 air shift, a 5x4 air shift, or even a 14 speed Spicer which was my favorite tranny.

Keep it up and you're gonna have to add on to that barn and hire a couple full time mechanics..... :wink:
71ZCarr

Next

Return to Brockway Trucks Discussion