Brockways Leaving

A general forum for all things Brockway.

Moderator: 359Huskidrive

Brockways Leaving

Postby Brocky » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:55 am

I have finally found a good home for the Brockways I had saved years ago.. Avid Brockway restorer, Aaron Tipton of Burnsville NC has added them to his kennel. My age, motivation, and checkbook told me I was never going to get the job done. I still hope to see many of you at Cortland this year.
Attachments
Brockway Leaving 072.JPG
Brocky

Re: Brockways Leaving

Postby steve s. » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:17 pm

It's great that you found a good home for your trucks. Aaron and his team will probably have them winning awards in no time. What can you tell us about the smaller truck? What year and model is it? Steve
steve s.

Postby stubnosebrock » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:39 pm

Glad to see that you're being realistic. Even though it sucks to let them go, its worse to see them rot because someone wont let them go, or let them go reasonably. Good on ya.
stubnosebrock

Postby Brocky » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:16 pm

steve s. wrote:It's great that you found a good home for your trucks. Aaron and his team will probably have them winning awards in no time. What can you tell us about the smaller truck? What year and model is it? Steve

Steve, It is a 1959 128WX, Small Continental flathead (Stuck), 5 speed, Juice brakes, open top van with electric hydraulic lift gate, tarp rack on front, doors and fenders are really rusted out bad. Originally ordered new by Seconte Bros, Brooklyn NY. Their name is still on the door. Found abandoned in the woods behind a construction site near Greensboro NC. Cost me too much to get it home during a period of very high fuel prices..
I gave it to Aaron as part of the package deal on the 358.
Attachments
Brockway Leaving 016.JPG
Brocky

Return to Brockway Trucks Discussion