Brockway Scranton Factory Branch

A general forum for all things Brockway.

Moderator: 359Huskidrive

Brockway Scranton Factory Branch

Postby oldspwr » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:07 pm

Last year at Cortland I was able to purchase a handful of pics from the Cortland Historical Society. As I was thumbing through the albums on Main St during the show, I quickly realized I found some pics of the factory branch in Scranton. The giveaway for me was the bar next door with the large capital A. This was known as "The Big A" since it was on the corner of Albright Avenue. It was later JD Crackers, then the House of Rock and now the V Spot.

This was located on 908 Providence Street. I was in Scranton for lunch today and stopped at the Glider Diner. So on my way back to work I stopped and grabbed a few pics of the building the way it looks today...

In this pic there is a 300 series from Binghamton, NY. I can read "tatoes" on the door (like Potatoes). Any have any guesses?

oldspwr

Re: Brockway Scranton Factory Branch

Postby stubnosebrock » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:51 am

Wow, thats pretty cool. Oddly enough, it looks more like a truck garage now. I assume the railroad tracks in the foreground are gone now? I'm drawing a blank on whose truck that may be.
stubnosebrock

Postby oldspwr » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:31 pm

Most of the tracks are going but there still a small section in the parking lot of the bar next door, maybe 20' or so??? Actually there is a small building still there that may have operated a signal arm for the tracks at one time? I'll have to ask a guy a work, he is a train buff and will know for sure.
oldspwr

Postby Huskiedrive2 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:52 pm

Pretty cool photos!
Huskiedrive2

Return to Brockway Trucks Discussion