Need a part identification

Are you looking for an old part for your Brockway truck? Need help restoring an old truck? Here is the perfect forum to share with other Brockway owners.

Moderator: 359Huskidrive

Need a part identification

Postby Woodee361 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:38 pm

I've search the web and have come up with nothing close. When the rubber hose broke it was packed full of an oily gunk. When I unscrewed the fitting it had been connected to some foul smelling liquid came out. Not much though and it almost smelled like ammonia. I haven't taken it apart any further. It isn't connected to anything but itself.
Attachments
20190830_201712.jpg
Woodee361

Re: Need a part identification

Postby Huskiedrive2 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:15 pm

It's called a Perry water filter. Inside would have originally had a sock element and a sacrificial plate to protect the cooling system from electrolysis. They've been obsolete for years. You can easily upgrade to a new spin-on style coolant treatment by purchasing and mounting the filter head and spin-on element. Contact Dane Baldwin through this forum by private message. He has new old stock if you choose to keep the original look.
Huskiedrive2

Re: Need a part identification

Postby Woodee361 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:55 pm

Thank you for the information. I like the thought of keeping it original but might be better to go with the new easier to get filters.
Woodee361

Return to Brockway Repairs and Restoration Help