Prototype?

A general forum for all things Brockway.

Moderator: 359Huskidrive

Prototype?

Postby oldspwr » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:48 pm

I know we're all familiar with the prototype Brockway and the interesting grill design. Does anyone know what the story is behind this truck? I remember seeing this pic years ago and Jeremy recently shared a pic on FB...

oldspwr

Re: Prototype?

Postby SallysMan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:03 pm

I think it was parked up on Rt 20 years ago. I think RZ knows something about it.
SallysMan

Postby Huskiedrive2 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:40 pm

This is the more popular picture of the experimental truck made by Brockway for the 1978 model year. There are actually several photos in existence showing the truck with different headlights and bumper mock-ups. I've never seen the blue truck photo before.
Attachments
Prototype-2.JPG
Huskiedrive2

Postby Second » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:32 pm

I thought the blue one was posted here years ago. Seems like it was home made.
Second

Postby oldspwr » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:20 pm

I'm not sure if this link will work for you, but there is some very interesting conversation going on over on FB regarding the prototype. It's interesting reading everyone's take on this. You have one extreme on the Brockway side, one extreme on the Mack side, and then a realistic take in the middle.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... ater&ifg=1

Jeremy George did note this on the blue truck I originally posted "The hood on the blue truck was rumored to have been lifted by Dusty Kyes from a dumpster at the Brockway factory as it was shutting down, and taken to Dick Stoyell's shop, then ended up on the blue 761"

Even more interesting is that I originally posted this info back on 2009 on this message board..

viewtopic.php?p=9474
oldspwr

Return to Brockway Trucks Discussion