It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:37 am

Post subject: Thank You!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:22 pm 
Send private message  E-mail  Profile

We just got home from the Brockway Truck Show and thought I’d send a Thank You to everyone involved. I know it takes a lot of hard work to make this event the success that it is, from the people who plan all events, the one who donate their sweat and time, the participants who bring their trucks, and the spectators who come to enjoy a nice day or two or three. The Museum is as professional as any I’ve been to.
I also have a question. Is there a count of how many different Brockway trucks have attended the shows over the years?

Pokey

Post subject: Re: Thank You!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:29 pm 

My family and I would like to thank everyone involved also. There is no other event that matches the great weekend of the Brockway Show in Cortland. It could not be possible without the great efforts of all of the volunteers who make it happen. A thank you also to everyone who brings their trucks for us all to enjoy. There is no place we would rather be than in Cortland on the second weekend in August. Steve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:37 am 

Thank you from the Enck's!!! Well done to all the volunteers, especially those doing traffic control in that monsoon.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:38 pm 
Send private message  E-mail  WWW  Profile

This is really a great topic. and I'm glad Pokey brought it up.. There are so many things that go on behind the scenes to make a great show like this happen. Thanks to everyone involved, I know everyone in my family appreciates it as well!

You know this show has a die hard loyal following when you look down Main Street, it's pouring rain and all you see is a hundred umbrellas!!!

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:58 pm 

Ditto on the Thank You!

Everyone involved in the dinner has outdone themselves again!

P.S.
Someone used my number during the auction.... My number never left my shirt pocket. That person has a $25.00 item waiting for them.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:52 pm 

oldspwr wrote:

You know this show has a die hard loyal following when you look down Main Street, it's pouring rain and all you see is a hundred umbrellas!!!

Tom

Or in the case of my wife and I, not even the rain stopped us from riding through the parade on the back of Chad Crawford's 358. Quite a few people still came out to watch the parade despite the rain, but the part about the parade that my wife and i loved was going past the hospital and seeing all the elderly residents lined up inside and the smiles on their faces, I don't recall seeing that last year but we both enjoyed seeing that.