It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:03 am

Post subject: New Dude From North Carolina!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:42 am 
Send private message  E-mail  Profile

Howdy, everybody!!

I hope I can post an introduction thread here? If not, please tell me where to post one. :)

My name is Tony Trout and I registered for the boards a while back and missed the activation email for my registration but Carl got me up and going this morning (thank you, Carl!).

I'm new to Brockway rigs - I never realized until someone on FB told me that Brockway was owned by the Mack corporation from the 1950s until July, 1977 when Brockway shut their doors. The picture that was in the FB post was of a white Brockway COE hooked to a reefer trailer that, if you saw the pictures of my late Father's truck, you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference except for the Brockway logo on the grill of the truck.

I've always been a fan of big rigs since my late Father was a driver and drove a white Mack COE hooked to a reefer trailer for years for a guy out of Hiawassee, GA. I have two pictures of the tractor-trailer but....that's all I have. My printer won't work so...I can't post the pics. :(

I always wished I could drive a big rig but....Cerebral Palsy & Hydrocephalus took that ability from me. It's very mild but....I still can't see well enough to drive, sadly. It's been over thirty years since I last sat in a beautiful COE truck - and I miss seeing cabovers on the highway. :(

In spite of all I've been through (nine or more surgeries on my head to either repair or replace a VP shunt due to the Hydrocephalus; severely abused in grade and high school - had to drop out in my Junior year because of it. However, I can play several instruments:

Guitar: electric/acoustic/bass/slide/lap steel/B-bender (think Marty Stuart or Clarence White from The Byrds - Marty now owns Clarence's original B-Bender equipped guitar. I have a replica of that same guitar heading my way soon and I'm very excited about it!)

Piano/keyboards
drums

I also sing, as well. However, my health has been pretty bad these last couple of years so I haven't been able to get out and gig like I want to. :(

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself. I hope that ya'll don't mind a disabled fella being here. :) I have a feeling I'll enjoy my stay!

Thanks a BUNCH for having me!

Take Care/God Bless,
Tony Trout

Post subject: Re: New Dude From North Carolina!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:15 pm 

Welcome to the Wonderful World Of Brockway!!! Carl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:58 pm 

Welcome aboard Tony!!

Have to be careful the Brockway bug can be addictive!

My late Uncle Paul had CP as well, and pretty severe, he lived with my grandfather his whole life.
But my grandfather was old school and let nothing hold him back. My uncle was quite the equipment operator. He used to run a dozer and backhoe pretty good, and drove dump truck on some of my grandfathers construction sites.
He even had a old Willys Overlander Jeep pickup that he used as a lot truck at our camp.

I know that North Carolina is a haul from Cortland, but hopefully you will make our big show someday. If you have been following our site, you know it's quite the event.

Again Welcome!

Stretch 8)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:41 pm 

Here is a genuine NC Brockway 457 I got out of Shelby NC off another member!!! Was sold to an owner operator out of Charlotte brockway dealer...Enjoy and Welcome aboard!!

Attachments:
photo 2 (640x478).jpg
photo 2 (640x478).jpg [ 72.87 KiB | Viewed 3604 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:34 am 

Welcome Tony glad to see another Brockway enthusiast. You will find that on here ,there are a lot of stories,pictures ,information,and many good people always willing to help in one form or another.as mentioned previously,hope you can make the show in Cortland sometime,its worth the trip.!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:29 pm 
Send private message  Profile

Welcome Tony.