Clam Bake 2015

General rules and Forum Announcements.

Moderator: 359Huskidrive

Clam Bake 2015

Postby Script Editor » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:06 pm

The date has been set for June 13, 2015, I am sorry but I do not have any other details. As far as I have heard there will not be a Spring Fling due to lack of participation. The caterer at the Clambake will be, again, Matt Murphy with his delicious food. I hope others will post more details when they are confirmed. Hope to see you all there.
Script Editor

Re: Clam Bake 2015

Postby STRETCH » Wed May 13, 2015 8:43 pm

Any word on this???
Registration, sign up , tickets??

Did I miss something :?: :? :? Again??

Stretch 8)
STRETCH

Postby shirley jean » Thu May 14, 2015 8:47 am

SORRY TO HAVE TO REPORT - THE BROCKWAY CLAMBAKE HAS BEEN CANCELLED FOR THIS YEAR.
shirley jean

Postby Scranton 761 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:43 am

No Fling / No Swap Meet / No Clambake............

Just the Show?

No explanation?!?!?
Paul Polcha
Project E761L .... Taking the time to do it right!
Scranton 761

Postby dbaldwinjr » Fri May 15, 2015 5:10 am

Here's the way I see it... A spring fling, a bake, a swap meet all would be great if people would attend. Don't get me wrong, there are people their, just not the numbers to help support such events. I've been there. I've seen the interest (or lack of). Having a bake or wine tasting with 20 people there ain't that fun. The caterer needs a count. The powers that be need/hope for a good turn out. Not only does that keep the prices down but it brings in a little coin for the museum. So when turnout is low, that's not fun. Not only is people turnout low at these events, but truck turnout is low also. C'mon people...We love Brockway's...Have em, drive em, and use them. Were all about the brand so we need to show our support! Part of that support is attending events. NOW. with all that said, I'm not a rich man. I understand people got other things going on and costs. For most of us, Brockway is a hobby. Most of us have to travel pretty good distances to get to the museum and attend events. I know. I'm a "lucky" one at only 130 mi one way. I think that's one reason turnout for non show events has suffered. That goes hand in hand with cost. It costs money to travel there and get back. I know its for a good cause but who wants to drop another 50, or 100 for a din? What I'm trying to get at is it's nobody's fault. It's just what were involved in. Were Allota good people but were spread out all over the place. I think in Aug I'm most impressed with the turnout. EVERY YEAR for going on 16 yrs! Sooooo, maybe what should happen is a couple small events in the future. IE.. a hot dog roast and a cooler of beer on a day announced in early June in the museum parking lot. If it grows again into a clam bake, fling, or parts meet Great. If not then nobodys out anything. There's good people involved in this thing. From the board, visitors, towns folk, right on down to the TRUCK OWNERS.! Brockway is in the hearts and minds of all. Try and get to the Main event in Aug. Get involved. Show your support. Drive, push, pull, or drag yourself, a Brockway, and others to the Museum events and show. THIS DOG AIN'T DEAD.
dbaldwinjr

Postby shirley jean » Fri May 15, 2015 7:35 am

Thank you for understanding, Dane, and for your support. You have made a good suggestion for future Brockway "fun events".
shirley jean

Postby Scranton 761 » Fri May 15, 2015 10:03 am

Thanks for responding Dane. I had a feeling this was the reason.

As far as the caterer needing a count, there really was no info given other than a date. It's been on most of our calendars waiting for info so we could make a reservation.

I didn't think attendance was that bad last year, but I'm still one of the new guys. Maybe I haven't been around long enough to see the decline. Can't make them all, but I do look forward to these events. Mostly for meeting people, hanging out, and throwing the bull. Show weekend tends to be a lot busier. I also have parts to go, and parts to pick up that will now have to wait until August.

Looking at the big picture... I can't help but feel when an event is taken away that helps to build camaraderie, the backlash is that it may actually fuel disinterest. I hope I'm wrong......

Thank you to all who have done, and continue to do .... just to keep the Brockway brand alive.

Count me in for a BYO cookout / Doug's Take-Out museum parking lot bash.
Paul Polcha
Project E761L .... Taking the time to do it right!
Scranton 761

Postby Huskiedrive2 » Sat May 16, 2015 12:07 am

I personally don't feel that the cancelling of the clambake should have been the decision of just two people. It should have been the decision of the entire board of directors. And as for the issue of lack of interest, I agree with Scranton 761, where was the advertising getting the information out to the people most likely to attend?
Huskiedrive2

Postby Enckway » Sat May 16, 2015 6:55 am

Why not go back to the early spring fling format. Grab some burgers across street and my dad would volunteer to cook etc? I actually liked the clambake but I am only an hour away. So i can see the travel issues for some. If there is 20 people and 2 trucks that is better than nothing.
Enckway

Postby 359Huskidrive » Sat May 16, 2015 3:21 pm

Update from the BTPA Facebook Page:.............OK I hope this post can spread as fast as the last one. The Brockway Huskieteers still want to get together on June 13, 2015 at the CNY Living History Center. The venue will come together soon but please keep the date free and plan to laugh, eat, see some great history (the Lincoln display will still be there), enjoy good company, and bring your pups out.
When Twin Golden Huskies Pass You...... It's HUSKIDRIVE!
359Huskidrive

Return to Announcements and How-To's