It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:08 pm

Post subject: Re: H360LL
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:09 pm 
Send private message  E-mail  Profile

Brian-------Actually they were discreet ,nothing like the "housewives" on TV , but Dave's wife thought the ladies were skanky ? They just showed up with their significant other ,and I got thinking................Why not recruit them for a photo shoot ? Good memories for this old man !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:29 pm 

Dan if you could post your article from the news letter that would be great. I have to get a scanner to put up the rest of the info I have on this truck. Thanks for all the comments guys ,just made the decision to replace the roof and back panel of cab. We'll keep you posted with help of my pals.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:03 pm 

Now I'll have to find the newsletter ,which won't be too hard , then call over a neighbor kid who knows how to do these things !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:14 pm 

Dan-sounds perfectly innocent to me,maybe you can re-enact with my truck. look forward to meeting you. Keep up the good work!

Attachments:
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg [ 55.81 KiB | Viewed 1772 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:50 pm 

It was innocent, considering a dirty old man was asking , but Dave's wife thought I had ulterior motives and was corrupting her man ! So I guess I was on an ego trip ! She'll probably not let Dave take me on anymore rescues . But I better let it go because !
I still want to be welcome at their house !

Last edited by Junkmandan on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:15 am 
Send private message  Profile

Hey Dan,
If we cant dream, and go on that ego trip, what do we have left?
Mike

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:02 pm 

Brian----Would I have to find some "Lot Lizards" on the Thruway for the re-enactment ? Sure looks like Thruway maintenance colors .

I remember hitchhiking on the Thruway at Saugerties trying to get a lift back to Ft. Dix before bed check in 1954 . In fact ,my first lift was in a Dairylea Blue Brockway milk tanker,guessing it might have been a 260, from Central Bridge to Saugerties .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:02 pm 

Junkman- whatever it takes,lot lizards,skanks, adult film stars :)

hijcking the thread,today's move

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU7HoWzt ... vmc51RJkg=

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:30 pm 

Does Ferd ever let you drive? Last time I saw you drive that one was two years ago and that was bobtailing!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:49 am 

Sometimes(I was working on trial fitting bumper on ferd's latest dump,heard him coming so grabbed the camera), but most videos are of him having fun. Have to show him how to take one.I will have to come over today and take some progress pics to get this thread back on the h360! He's never driven the h762, I would let him,really :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:46 pm 

Brockway Rescue, April 23, 2010
By Dan Renovetz

Shortly after the first of the year, I began hearing from a younger ATHS acquaintance in New York about a Brockway in Michigan that needed to be rescued. I first met this New York man, Dave Mueller, at a fuel stop in Salamanca, New York while returning to Ohio from the Marlboro, Mass. ATHS convention in 1990. He was traveling with Don and Jean Thrasher who also had been at the Marlboro show. It was a coincidence that we all stopped at this fuel stop at the same time returning home from this convention.

It turned out that Dave was a student at Ohio Diesel Tech, had been working at Cleveland Mack and being a devout Brockway fan, had gone to Burton to look at a neat Brockway dump owned by Mike Hill. One thing led to another and Dave met Don and helped him change a cylinder head on Don's Autocar to get it running.

It turned out that Dave’s home was in Delhi, New York. just 60 miles from my roots. so naturally a friendship started and I visited with him and his parents several times over the years. (Note: Jan and I still visit with Dave and his family, wife Carolynne and daughters, Stella and Camille when we go back to our woodlot in upstate NY). When Dave mentioned that he was stopping at Thrasher’s in late April on his way to Michigan, I volunteered to help him if need be. Date for trip coincided with Lakeside Sand and Gravel's open house which we both wanted to attend. I met Dave at 5 am. on April 23rd at I 480 and Ridge Road, hopped in his semi with detachable gooseneck trailer. A nice ride west along Rt. 2, then up through the dreaded Detroit traffic to Warren,Michigan. The Brockway owner had given Dave great directions and we arrived in a residential neighborhood where the 1974 Brockway 360 had been lounging the past several years. It turned out that the 83 year old second owner retired the 4 axle dump truck less than 2 years ago when he stopped hauling stone after several decades. The owner had the truck running when we arrived and after introductions, Dave proceeded to separate the gooseneck from the trailer. It turned out that there was a spare engine to be loaded on the tailboard of the trailer first. Fortunately the seller had a pretty stout Ford tractor loader to load the Cat 1693 double overhead cam engine. During this time, a crowd had appeared from various residences up and down the street and I asked a couple of ladies to pose “1970‘s style“ perched on the hood of Dave’s semi (Note: Who else but Dan would go to this extreme!!). It reminded me of the Overdrive magazine cover pictures and other truck advertisements of that era. After that, we proceeded to chain down the dump truck, reconnect the trailer and head back to Ohio.

It was a nice experience to ride in Dave’s 1972 Brockway 361, rescue the 1974 Brockway dump truck and spare engine, all with the original 425 horse 1693 legendary Cat engine. Trip eastbound was uneventful until I got dropped off at Ridge Road ramp to walk back to my pickup. The heavens opened and I got soaked in the sudden downpour BUT it was all worth it. I even made it to Lakeside the next day!!

Attachments:
Brockway Rescue photos.pdf [397.78 KiB]
Downloaded 224 times

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:02 pm 

Wow ! I never expected the thread to stall out like it has ,time for Dave's update !

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:15 pm 

Dan must be the Jury is still out on the girls!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:03 am 
Send private message  E-mail  AIM  Profile

Not Really!! My motto has always been "Eight to Eighty, blind crippled or crazy! If they can't walk I'll drag 'em!"
You have to love them for what they are (Available!)

Emery

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:51 am 
Send private message  AIM  Profile

Emery Johnston wrote:
Not Really!! My motto has always been "Eight to Eighty, blind crippled or crazy! If they can't walk I'll drag 'em!"
You have to love them for what they are (Available!)

Emery

Im not sure if I read that right, but if I did, thats wierd.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:00 am 

Here is an update on bigdogz truck. I posted the pics previously of bigdogz welding exploits and he was all excited. I must say I was impressed as well. Recently the resident bodyman came out from ct and informed bigdogz he got things a little hot. It appears our napa bondo that we use in these parts is inferior but "mr mud" took care of it and here is the results

Attachments:
photo 4.JPG
photo 4.JPG [ 98.98 KiB | Viewed 665 times ]
photo 5.JPG
photo 5.JPG [ 88.89 KiB | Viewed 665 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:19 am 

The interior is now painted. Bigdogz put a new back panel and good used roof. I don't have pics of that operation though. Seriously truck is taking shape and looking good.

Attachments:
photo 3 (800x598).jpg
photo 3 (800x598).jpg [ 279.79 KiB | Viewed 663 times ]
photo 1 (598x800).jpg
photo 1 (598x800).jpg [ 241.44 KiB | Viewed 663 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:38 pm 

Nice work, can't wait to see it. I bet that dog's going to want run without that extra six axles hanging off the pintle hook.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:44 pm 

Looking good Dave

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:45 pm 

Look'n good Dave. Showing some progress know alot different then last time I was at the shop.

Jake