It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:44 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: 761
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:25 pm 
Send private message  E-mail  Profile

BEEN WORKIN ON STRIPPIN ALL THE STIFF OFF THER TRUCK THAT ISNT NEEDED, PLOW FRAME ,WING POST, DUMP BOX. POWER WASHED FRAME THIS AM. AND THE GREEN PAINT IS STILL ON THE FRAME. ALL I NEED TO DO NOW IS GET THE B MODEL MACK THAT IS IN THE OTHER BAY OUT ( FRIENDS TRUCK) AND THE 761 IN ITS WARM HOUSE FOR WINTER SO WE CAN PROCEED WITH NEW MOTOR AND TRANNY WITH TANDEM REARS. I KEEP FINDING MORE STUFF I WANT TO PUT ON IT, ITS ONLY MONEY RIGHT, AND IT GROWS ON TREES.
GG2

Post subject: Re: 761
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:52 pm 
Send private message  E-mail  WWW  Profile

Hi Green Giant...

Do you have any pics of your 761?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:07 pm 

oldspwr wrote:
Hi Green Giant...

Do you have any pics of your 761?

i have pics, but they are taken with my cell phone and then sent to my e mail, i may be able to e mail them to you if wanted.
gg2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:06 pm 

Green Giant 2... You can email the pics to oldspwr@gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:57 pm 

Here are some pics to share...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:02 pm 

Nice job!!!!

Looking good!

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks for posting the photos for GG2, Tom.

Stretch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:27 pm 
Send private message  E-mail  AIM  Profile

Looks like a nice straight truck! What town did it come from? I was trying to read it off the door but couldn't quite make it out... -Ted

P.S. Hooray for my 600th post! I think i earned a cookie...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:44 pm 

Nice find! thats got a real good cab! Ted,its from the town Of Lodi. And nice job on your 600! :lol: Ive got 125! :D

75 Chevy Custom Deluxe 20(soon to be GMC Sierra Grande 35)
http://www.youtube.com/user/104trucker?feature=mhee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:51 pm 

thanks a bunch tom i cannot and do not know how to do that yet, if you dont mind when i get more i will send them to you, and thanks guys for the good words about the truck. yes the truck is very solid , one bad rocker and drip edge on back of cab and dents on top. all in all it is a good truck. gettin ready to pull the engine and tranny soon and lookin for rears. want to power wash frame rails good once engine is out. weather has been crappy here so gettin more time to work on it now i have to go and do more dirt work to pay for my hobby. haa haa.
thanks again. GG2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:42 pm 

Very nice unit.What are you going to build it as? I would build it exactly like the day it went into service in Lodi ( if it was new) plow and all. Being a plow lover! Good luck and take a lot of pics to share!

Nick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:11 am 

I prepped that truck for delivery and drove it to the Town of Lodi highway garage when it was brand new! It was sold from the Elmira factory branch. Glad to see it survived. Stan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:51 am 
Send private message  Profile

A fine looking Beast. Joe D.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:49 pm 

Huskiedrive361 wrote:
I prepped that truck for delivery and drove it to the Town of Lodi highway garage when it was brand new! It was sold from the Elmira factory branch. Glad to see it survived. Stan

HEY STAN, I SENT YOU AN EMAIL THE OTHER DAY AND WAS WONDERING IF YOU GOT IT. ALSO I NOTICED THAT ON MY 761 THE CAB AND HOOD WERE RED AT ON TIME, BUT NOTHING ON THE FRONT COWL. ANY IDEAS IF THAT WAS FACTOY OR THE CAB WAS REPLACED.
DON SMITH GG2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:00 pm 

THOUGHT I WOULD UPDATE THE THREAD
WE PULLED THE THE ENGINE TODAY WITH TRANNY STILL BOLTED UP AND ROLLED THE CHASSIS OUT THE DOOR INTO THE SNOW AND POWER WASHED THE FRONT HALF OF THE TRUCK. THIS FRAME IS IN BETTER SHAPE THAN SOME TRUCKS THAT ARE 10 YEARS OLD NOW. MUST BE WHEN A TRUCK WAS ORDERED THE ENGINE WAS PUT IN THE FRAME AND THEN THE FRAME WAS PAINTED, CAUSE THE IS NO PAINT IN THE FRAME RAILS WERE THE MOTOR SAT BUT THE TRANNY AND BELL HOUSING WERE GREEN ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE FRAME. ALSO CANT BELIEVE THE TAGS FOR THE ELECTICAL SPLICE BOX ARE STILL THERE AND CAN BE READ.
GG2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:49 pm 

Don - sorry but no e-mails from you, try Saugustine@stny.rr.com T/O Lodi trucks were green so the hood and cab must be from a donor. Stan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:29 pm 

just went and picked up the new engine . 350 big cam formula with jakes, gonna give it a bath on saturday and bring it in and start switching stuff tha is needed. this has a air operated fan and whas thinkin about plumbing that in on the shutter circut, any other ideas. also brought my red 361 up from the gravel pit so i could pull the rad. but core doesnt look so good. any one lookin for 361 parts.
gg2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:21 pm 

Green Giant

I am also a plow lover so I sure hope you are planning on putting it back togather as one.

Since the Town of Vestal truck has moved west to Ohio(??) It would be nice to see a complete plow truck at Cortland

Brocky

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:19 pm 

Snow plows are neat and I agree there should be a complete example exhibited somewhere, but at $3.00 plus for a gallon of fuel, having about two tons less weight on the truck will make for better fuel mileage. Stan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:40 pm 

Brocky wrote:
Green Giant

I am also a plow lover so I sure hope you are planning on putting it back togather as one.

Since the Town of Vestal truck has moved west to Ohio(??) It would be nice to see a complete plow truck at Cortland

Brocky

MY PLAN IS TO MAKE THIS MY ROAD TRACTOR WITH A 25 TON ROGERS DETACHABLE BEHIND IT. I HAVE EXCEEDED MY AXLE RATINGS ON MY TAG TRAILER WITH MY PC160 KOMATSU ON IT. ALSO HAVE A CUSTOMER THAT WILL LET ME RUN LOCAL HAULING SCRAP STEEL TO THE RAIL SIDING AND HAVING THE LOWBOY WILL ENABLE ME TO MOVE OTHERS STUFF. I WANT TO PLACE A 13 SPEED BEHIND THE 350BC AND 44,000 # REARS . I HOPE THE TRUCK WILL BE AN HEAD TURNER GOIN DOWN THE ROAD. ITS ALREADY TURNIN MY CRANK.
GG2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:03 pm 

ALITTLE UPDATE
WORKED ON SWITCHING EVERY THING THAT WAS NEEDED FROM 250SC TO 350BC. GOT ALL KYSOR STUFF ON 350BC,FRONT MOTOR MOUNT,THROTTLE LINKAGE AND ALT. INSTALLED NEW REAR MAIN SEAL AND MOUNTED BELL HOUSING, THOUGHT I WOULD BE LUCKY AND NOT HAVE TO DO MUCH, WAS I WRONG. WHAT A PAIN TO DIAL INDICATE THE BELL HOUSING. WITHIN 5 THOUSANDS NOW AND HAVE A LOCAL CUMMINS GUY COMING NEXT WEEK TO DRILL FOR NEW DOWL PINS. ONCE THAT IS DONE I HAVE TO PULL HOUSING AND GRIND A TOP MOUNTING HOLE OUT BOUT .125 TO THE SIDE CAUSE ITS OUT OF WACK. THEN I CAN GET FLYWHEEL MOUNTED AND CLUTCH THEN FIND TRANNY WITH 2" SHAFT. I CALLED A LOCAL RADIATOR SHOP TODAY ABOUT A NEW CORE, FOR A NEW 6 CORE RADIATOR HE WANTS $1300 FOR CORE ALONE, NO LABOR, NEED TO RESEARCH THIS ALITTLE MORE. I ALSO CHECKED ON CHASSIS SAVER A CAR QUEST, $97.00 PER GALLON. MY PARTS GUY FROM REGIONAL INTERNATIONAL CALLED ME TODAY AND INFORMED ME THAT THEY ARE NOW A DISTRUBUTAOR FOR PAI. HE CAN GET MY 5"EXHAUST PIPE AND CHROME BULL HORN STACKS. WEATHER HAS BEEN ALL SNOW HERE SO HAVENT BEEN OUT TO DO ANY DIRT WORK, GOOD IN SOME WAYS BAD IN OTHERS.
GG2

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next