It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:08 am

Post subject: Uh Oh, I did it now.....
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:32 pm 
Send private message  Profile

Well, after looking at trucks for the past year or so, in the next couple weeks I'm going to have a new toy to play with in the driveway.
Hope ya'll don't throw me off the board, I couldn't find the Brock I couldn't live without, and ended up with a Mack instead. I've been looking for something "different" and unique and think I found it. I'm buying a 1969 Mack R410 from Doug Maney, it's in unbeleivably nice shape body wise, mostly the usual cosmetic issues and mechanical issues.

If it hadn't been for Joe D telling me about one of these trucks for sale in Hazeleton PA, I never would have contacted Doug looking for info on them and caught this truck before it was sold, it just so happened Doug had posted it for sale in the Double Clutch and I was the first to get there to look at it and couldn't help myself... :lol:

Now all I have to do in the next couple weeks is get rid of some of these old Datsun 240's sitting in front of the garage to make room for it. :|

Post subject: Re: Uh Oh, I did it now.....
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:18 pm 

71ZCarr I do not know if I helped you or hurt you by telling you about the other one. LOL. Good Luck with the new purchase and I hope it works out for you.It will certainly be a conversation piece with the 413 and juice brakes ,if that is the same one.Not a cookie cutter by any means. Macungie is in 3 weeks are you going to stop there with the Mack? Joe D.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:41 pm 
Send private message  E-mail  AIM  Profile

Congrats on your new Truck!!!

Last edited by Brockway700 on Mon May 26, 2008 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:43 pm 

Joe, I won't be making it to Macungie with the truck, he's busy with the show prep and I can't find a trailer to haul it down here, so he's going to try to arrange transportation or he'll be bring it himself after Macungie. I made him a deal he didn't refuse with transportation as part of the deal.

Actually, I'm glad you told me about the one in Hazelton, I knew Doug had one because of the pics in the BMT gallery of it, so I contacted him over there about what to look for on the other one other than cab rust and he told me his was for sale in the DC magazine which I hadn't revieved yet. While I was looking at the truck, his wife said he had 2 other calls on the truck so it's obvious there's quite a bit of interest in that model.

And yes, it's got a 413, 5 speed Fuller with the 2 speed rear, and juice brakes... and electric wipers which in itself is a real rarity in an R model cab of that year, not to mention the complete lack of rust in the floors and other problem areas other than just surface rust.

It's going to be a long road to getting it to what I have in my mind, and I hope I can give the truck what it deserves since it's a unique piece. This summer is just going to be cleaning it up, tuning it up, checking it out mechanically so I can have it ready for the show in Winchester, VA this fall.

Attachments:
med_gallery_91_402_22457.jpg
med_gallery_91_402_22457.jpg [ 43.69 KiB | Viewed 1199 times ]
med_gallery_91_402_9938.jpg
med_gallery_91_402_9938.jpg [ 26.54 KiB | Viewed 1360 times ]