It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:35 pm

Post subject: Michigan 75A
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:42 am 
Send private message  E-mail  Profile

Just got this old girl today. I think it's a 1959. 6- cyl. Waukesha runs great. Brakes work, hydraulics work. Steering is little loose. Needs the usual piston seals, a hose here and there, got some used tires located. Got the original manuals and the canvas sides for the cab. My little Massey Ferguson won't lift some of the stuff I have. The V plow for my Oshkosh weighs in at around 2500 lbs. This loader picked it up with the engine idling. Went up behind my house and shoved some dirt around. Note to self: Keep head and arms inside cab when raising or lowering bucket!!!

Post subject: Re: Michigan 75A
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:36 pm 

Nice find Mike! I really like the old gas job loaders. They have character. I have a small Hough, model 25B, built in 1949. Took the bucket off and put some forks on it to move stuff around. Picks 2000 lbs of wood pellets on a skid with no problems. Stan 8)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:46 pm 
Send private message  E-mail  AIM  Profile

How do you get into that damned thing lol! My dad has a 1973ish allis chalmers 545-B that he still uses for the buissness. When I was tenish he taught me how to run it when we were screening topsoil, it was a blast. It was (Still is) a challenge to fit that 8 foot bucket into that 8.5 foot opening in the screener! Oh the fun old iron is!!

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:59 am 

Ted - look closely in the first pic between the front wheel and the bucket. There are two steps on the bucket frame. I still have not figured out how to get out of the cab if you have the bucket raised and need to unhook a chain or something. I guess the answer is: you don't! Here it is easily moving the Oshkosh's V plow.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:34 pm 

Mike, I have a Michigan 125A loader just like that I got last year. Brakes don't work but it works good otherwise. I have all the manuals for my machine also. Do you know where the serial number of the loader is located? I'd like to know what year this thing is. Thanks, Dane

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:01 pm 

Dane - I've looked everywhere and can't find a tag. The place I got it from had the serial # as 10795 and year as 1959. Hope this helps, will keep looking. Mike