81 Chevy Stepside Pickup - Round 3

Any postings that are non-Brockway related.

Moderator: 359Huskidrive

Re: 81 Chevy Stepside Pickup - Round 3

Postby Huskiedrive2 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:55 pm

Great write up Tom! I look forward to your posts on your progress. Word of advice, the fiberglass (plastic) of the AC box will have absorbed some of the mouse urine. Thoroughly steam clean the box with scalding hot water and bleach or use the box from your dad's original cab. When the heater is on, the smell comes back as the fiberglass heats up. I went through this on one of my trucks and ended up replacing the heater box. Since then I have learned about the steam clean, hot water, bleach process and that works.
Huskiedrive2

Postby oldspwr » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:20 am

Thanks Stan... That is very helpful. I still have the heater box sitting outside. We considered replacing everything with a Vintage Air unit but right now we are leaning towards reusing all the factory stuff. The original cab was a non AC truck so we can't use the stuff from that cab.

Tom
oldspwr

Postby Huskiedrive2 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:54 am

After a thorough cleaning, you could also seal the AC box with some clear coat to be sure of no odors.
Huskiedrive2

Postby Second » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:40 pm

Thanks for the update! I really enjoy your projects. Is the hot rod still on the back burner? Oh yes, please do not hurt Mickey...
Second

Previous

Return to Off-Topic and Non-Brockway Related