1875-1900 BrockwaY doctor's buggy

Post your classified ad and sell your old Brockway.

Moderator: 359Huskidrive

1875-1900 BrockwaY doctor's buggy

Postby Brockway007 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:54 am

I have decided to put up for consideration my BrockwaY doctor's buggy. It is a model 395 from what I've been able to conclude from photos obtained from the museum. It was built between 1875 and 1900. This particular buggy has the manufacturer's plate affixed to the back of the wooden carriage that says built by W.H. Brockway, along with a second plate showing the name of who the original purchaser of this buggy was. The condition is good considering its age but I will say I sat in the seat once but won't try it again. People were much lighter back in the day! The wheels were painted by the previous owner many years ago in an attempt to match the color on the wooden axles that is still present. It's a neat piece of history and I'd like to keep it but other projects are more in need of completion and the buggy keeps getting moved around in the barn. It's been kept inside while I've had it as did the previous owner while he owned it. I showed the buggy at last years Annual BrockwaY Show in Cortland, NY. I'm asking $1,250 for it but am open to reasonable offers. Pics available. I can be reached by phone or text message at (860)481-114four or on find me on Facebook at Jim Grzesiak. :roll:
Brockway007

Return to Brockways for Sale