It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:03 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Brockway school bus for sale
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:49 am 
Send private message  E-mail  Profile

OK Fellas,
I made an offer to the lady. I would have rathered someone else come to it's rescue. If someone really wants it email me and I can fill you in on it. My guess is to lay off the criticism or it will be scrapped. I did what I could, with my luck some other crown jewel will pop up and I will have my money tied up in this bus :)

Brian
607-437-3715 brianenck@yahoo.com

Like Dane said this is drawing alot of attention so:
74 361 tandem tractor pt270 10 speed -$3000/offers
72 361 tandem dump-ward paving truck 1674cat 5x4 $4000/firm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:03 pm 

WOW!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:51 am 
Send private message  E-mail  WWW  Profile

ENCKWAY --

TO QUOTE: "OK Fellas,
I made an offer to the lady. I would have rathered someone else come to it's rescue. If someone really wants it email me and I can fill you in on it. My guess is to lay off the criticism or it will be scrapped. I did what I could, with my luck some other crown jewel will pop up and I will have my money tied up in this bus."

You've found the "CROWN JEWEL"!!!! Glad to see that rare bus was spared!!!!

I do not understand the position the museum took on this when some of us were willing to donate towards it purchase as a DONATION to the museum. I hope that in the future they will not regret their decision to have a unique piece of BROCKWAY history -- not something you find every day in this condition.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:21 pm 

There are three of us involved in purchasing the "crown jewel". I wouldn't rule out us possibly giving it to the museum if they do an about face on this(at which point we will be willing to take the donations pledged 8) ). Our goal was to save it because it didn't look like anyone else was going to take point on this. Let us work out the details and we will post an update. I will let the others chime in if they like. We have a crew going out on the retrieval which should be a pisser of a time.

Later....Brian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:15 pm 

Enckway wrote:
There are three of us involved in purchasing the "crown jewel". I wouldn't rule out us possibly giving it to the museum if they do an about face on this(at which point we will be willing to take the donations pledged 8) ). Our goal was to save it because it didn't look like anyone else was going to take point on this. Let us work out the details and we will post an update. I will let the others chime in if they like. We have a crew going out on the retrieval which should be a pisser of a time.

Later....Brian

i am in if you need help,maybe dozer or space to store this jewel. call me 716 432 4267..
don smith

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:39 pm 

Green Giant2 wrote:
Enckway wrote:

Later....Brian

i am in if you need help,maybe dozer or space to store this jewel. call me 716 432 4267..
don smith

OK GUYS R YOU STILL ON FOR THE TRIP UP ON SAT. TO RELEASE THIS GEM FROM THE GRIPS OF WNY'S CLAY GROUND, GOING TO TRY TO STOP BUY AND SEE WHATS UP WHEN I DROP THE KIDS AT GRANDMA'S HOUSE 5 MINUTES FROM THERE. IF ON YOUR WAY UP YOU FORGET ANYTHING CALL ME AND MAYBE I CAN HELP AND BRING IT TO YOU.
GG2 716 432 4267 CELL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:41 pm 

[quote I do not understand the position the museum took on this when some of us were willing to donate towards it purchase as a DONATION to the museum. I hope that in the future they will not regret their decision to have a unique piece of BROCKWAY history -- not something you find every day in this condition.][/quote]

While I can't speak officially for the museum, most of you know that I am heavily involved in the project. It is not that the museum didn't want the bus, it's that the museum is not READY for the bus. We are more worried about doors and windows, boilers and lighting systems, without which there won't be a museum. While it's true that there have been vehicle donations so far, they can start and move under their own power. Now we must invest time and money into keeping those vehicles safe, when our energy and resources are desperately needed on the building. We don't have secure storage for vehicles in the condition like the bus. It can't be parked inside as we are now working on the ceiling in the main display area. Parking it out back of the museum is not an option as we must be careful of fluid spills, etc., near the river that runs across our property and also that the township has a junk vehicle ordinance. Sure a case could be made that it is a museum display but we have tried to work together with local government as much as possible without upsetting anyone.We are actually getting ready to move what non-running vehicles we have out there. I too, think that the bus is a unique piece of history and needs to be saved, I fact, I will offer my skills as a mechanic to rebuild the engine and drivetrain if and when the time comes. I think that the best possible solution has come up, that the bus will be moved to safe storage until maybe one day we can take this a step farther. I hope that this has given you all a little more information. Your very best donation right now, outside of a monetary contribution, would be to join us on a work day some Saturday. Skills are not necessary, believe me, if I can learn to frame walls so can you!!! Mechanics aren't overly gifted with carpentry skills!! Thanks for listening. Stan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:15 pm 

Went out and got the bus today. It is now safe in my driveway. Big thanks goes out to Fred, Paul, Landon and the world's best truck driver, Richie.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:14 pm 
Send private message  WWW  Profile

glad to be there dane, it was a great time pulling out another brock. this day might top the adventure with stubbynosedbrock and i.

richie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:27 pm 

I was happy to be able to tag along myself. Had a great time with y'all, and it was good to save another huskie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:34 pm 

ok want to here the whole story, including the beer,and how long it took to get it out.

gg2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:23 am 

here are the videos thanks http://s419.photobucket.com/albums/pp28 ... 379trucks/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:06 am 

Here are some pics my father took of the "usual suspects". Sorry I missed the fun!

Attachments:
Image3.jpg
Image3.jpg [ 65.86 KiB | Viewed 1819 times ]
Image2.jpg
Image2.jpg [ 51.88 KiB | Viewed 1819 times ]
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg [ 83.45 KiB | Viewed 1819 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:07 am 

3 more pics....Brian

Attachments:
ford.jpg
ford.jpg [ 79.19 KiB | Viewed 1817 times ]
Image5.jpg
Image5.jpg [ 63.57 KiB | Viewed 1818 times ]
Image4.jpg
Image4.jpg [ 63.14 KiB | Viewed 1818 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:18 am 
Send private message  E-mail  WWW  Profile

Enckway wrote:
3 more pics....Brian

As a school bus driver and a student who rode in a BROCKWAY bus back when, I can not begin to tell you the range of emotions these pictures bring. I am truly happy that this important piece of BROCKWAY history will be saved and given a second chance for future generations to enjoy.

ENKWAY -- please drop me an email with an address where I can send a donation for your efforts!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:34 pm 

Enckway wrote:
3 more pics....Brian

heard the town of bennington had an A.P.B. out on a bunch of rascals for messin up there fine dirt roads, heard the old (BAGGERS) had a KW as there head truck, heard the road repair bill was mailed to Baldwin truckin. glad things went well cool photos, and nice video ecotech.

Green giant 2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:43 pm 

GG2. Did you hear us Jake'in the crap out of that KW's 400 Cummins on those hills you guys got over there? Joe Jr. took fast control of the KW. Never driving anything other than a pickup and an old Brockway or two, he really took a liking to the truck. He was most impressed with the air ride seat!
I think I spotted your "home 20" there on 77. We all had a great time and that tractor really saved the day (thanks Fred). Otherwise we'd still be there. As soon as my big power Brock is done, that will take the KW's place. Look for the whole unedited 6hr dvd collection on this recovery due out soon :lol: That was a road we were on??? Paul, where we headed next? we need more of a challenge....Dane

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:13 pm 
Send private message  E-mail  AIM  Profile

Lookin' for adventure? I've got a Model 88 in Auburn needs to travel to sunny beautiful North Carolina. I could show ya a good time! NASCAR Museum, Charlotte Motor Speedway, National Whitewater Center, Freightliner factory, several hotrod shops, NASCAR garages, BBQ. etc. etc.. etc.! Of course I could throw in a free Root Canal for the truely demanding.
Emery

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:25 pm 

Thanks!!Paul Dane Ritchie and all the rest of the guys that are involved in saving the Brockway schoolbus. My deepest appreciation goes out to you guys. I wish I could've been there.
Paul!! Post a hotline address where I could send a donation. :roll: Every little bit will help. :D
please drop me an email <Brockway361@live.com>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:39 pm 

Thanks for the donation offers, but until it is ultimately decided where bus will end up we don't want to take donations. Plan is for us to take our lowboy out to Danes and bring it back to my place to store. If people want to come work on it that would be fine at this point. If the museum gives the nod we will possibly setup an account and accept donations. The goal was to save the bus and we did that so just be patient until we work out the details.

Just wanted to thank Dane for trucking the bus to his place and storing it until We get out there. Also thanks to Richie, Landon, Paul and my dad for the retrieval. Thanks to eotech 556(Jesse) and crew out there, who were there all day helping out. I understand if it wasn't for a local farmer(ford tw-15) the bus may still be there.Thanks to him as well. He told my dad he hunted out of the bus in the past and thought is was cool it was being saved....Thanks Brian

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next