It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:15 pm

Post subject: 1977 760
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:50 pm 
Send private message  E-mail  Profile

I thought I'd post this ...I'm sure I'll get blasted for wanting the price..but truck is rock solid and runs great. I am going to try and get a video of it posted, just like the ad says I have the service records since 1981. The cab has no rust, neither do the fenders, the passenger side hood looks bad where I dropped some dirt on it 20+ years ago.

LINK TO EBAY

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brockway ... 19b8e221b5

HERE IS A LINK TO PICS

http://s959.photobucket.com/albums/ae76 ... way%20760/

iis in the 30's here today, I'm gonna try to fire it up and shoot video of it, thanks

$15,000 Firm

Robby
704-507-2453

Post subject: Re: 1977 760
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:10 pm 

That is a nice tractor. I don't think anyone will say anything about the price. You're free to ask any amount. It just depends on how badly you want to sell it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:16 pm 
Send private message  WWW  Profile

im not "blasting you on the price" but didnt you have this on ebay about a year ago? if it didnt sell then for 15K, what makes you think it will sell a year later at the same price? with the economy as bad as it is, you dont see many people spending money on the hobby market. you have to understand from a restoration point of view. whether its a 15K truck or a 2K truck, it has to be tore down and redone just as much as the 2K truck. i understand the rarity of the truck, you dont see many of them around, but somebody can build their own 760 out of a 761, or 758, ect. just have to move the front axle and stuff around. you would probably look at close to 15 thousand to bring the truck back to a restored condition and i think thats what is scaring people away becuase everyone knows the cost involved. im not trying to offend you in any way but someone needed to speak up about it, if you think its worth 15K and your willing to wait, then by all means do so but at this time i dont think you would get the price you are asking for it.

richie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:25 pm 

I agree with Ritchie. It's your truck and by all means ask what you feel it's worth, but the failure to sell at the current price should tell you something. Stan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:00 pm 

I thought yall would get a kick outta the Brockway on video, today is Jan 1st, 2010. I did a walk around video. then a startup video then a drive video. My user name on youtube is MACKINON601 you can search it there if the links do not work. These vidos are slow to upload but there are 3 total, enjoy, Robby

walkaround

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1_sbkxxa90

Start up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duJEX7Id-u4

Ride and Drive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jydrnB5SBek

Last edited by Macks and Brockways on Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:08 pm 

Another way to look at it is this: what else is available on the market for 15 K ? I think you could buy a very presentable truck for that kind of money, maybe not a 760, but something pretty nice.

I always remember what an old timer told me years ago, it's worth whatever somebody is willing to pay for it.

This 760 is a good looking truck, and hopefully it will find itself a buyer.

Happy New Year, Steve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:37 pm 
Being body styles 760 is all you can say for that truck.
After looking at the video I would be embarrassed to even put that truck in a category just above junk. Tomcat 361 was a creampuff compared to that!
And look at all that has to be done to his truck to make it complete.
Reasonably priced at $2,500 you might get a buyer

:wink: your trucker girl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:57 pm 

Thanks for the responses, It definately makes for interesting reading. I am hoping we all can enjoy them. I certainly realize that 15k is alot for my "Junk" without being told that. My intentions for posting it here was to give it some exposure, I found your site through google several years ago and somebody out there may do the same and be a nut like me and just have to have a true 760, not a made up one like Walkers, which I love by the way. Enjoy.

RW

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:24 pm 

Too bad the paint peeled as bad as it did. Thanks for the videos. The old girl sounds pretty good. Stan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:30 pm 
Send private message  Profile

RW

ASK WHAT YOU WANT FOR THE TRUCK- have you ever notice that the only ones that gripe about the price are those that want you to give it away. SO, you may keep it a while. SO, you may have to be persistent in you advertising and answering e-mails. THE ONE PERSON THAT IS LOOKING FOR THAT TRUCK WILL PAY YOUR PRICE. Be Patient. Can you put up the type engine, transmission, etc so everyone can see that on here. Thanks for the videos!
Bob

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:13 pm 

i wouldnt exactly want to categorize one 760 from another. so what if walkers 760 was born a 761, it is still a beautiful truck and anyone that owns a brockway should be proud of their truck no matter how it come out of the factory. do you have any idea what it would take to make your truck look like walkers??? seems how we are getting technical about being all original and a true 760 you did change the motor in that truck right? i would say anyone that was gonna be technical about a true 760 would want the original drive train in it to. and in the youtube video of the truck driving down the road......the drive it like you stole it technique isnt exciting the buyers any. the one thing that is a major turn off right off the bat for me is the clutch brake doesnt work. does it need a clutch? is there any teeth left in the transmission or rears? judging by how the truck looks on the outside, what is going on on the inside. can you gaurantee the drive train components are gonna last longer than unloading it off the trailer when the buyer gets it home? all of these thoughts go through any buyers mind so dont think you will get 15K for the truck becuase of this. if there was someone out there that needed a true 760 chances are with the exposure its had the past year they would have bought it by now. i know a few people that want a "true 760" but you dont see them stepping up, its not becuase its the wrong paint color. your doing the right thing getting the truck out there but dont forget, your truck was in one of the first brockway today magazines.....everyone knows about this truck. we had an all restored down to the frame rails 776 and sold it for under 20 grand. so yeah it would be nice to agree with blue dog and tell you to be patient but im sure there are members on here that will 2nd my opinion that there is no way you will get 15K for it. i am not in the same category as these so called grippers who speak up about the price. i am not saying give it away either. maybe you should call the guy that offered you the most money for it and take his offer. im sure you had guys with cold hard cash that may have given you a reasonable offer. maybe you like the truck as a lawn ornament in your yard and you dont want to sell it after all.

richie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:06 pm 

I usually don't like to put my nose where it don't belong.
Richie!!! you couldn't of said it any better.
:? That is one worn-out huskie :?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:02 pm 

well hey, listen ill make it very clear to RW and to everybody, i dont mean in any way to bash your sale or look down on your way of thinking about how much you want for the truck. if you take it that way ill be the first to appoligize. you posted on here wanting peoples opinion, i gave it to you. in my eyes, there is nothing wrong with a little constructive criticism. you had a thought that you would get "blasted" on the price. by all means if you think you can sell it for 15K and you will sit on it until you get 15K then do it. but in a practical world of how much it would take to bring the truck back to a restorable condition, it needs to be brought to the table and discussed. let alone the fact that chances are someone from the northeast will buy it and there is a additional cost involved to truck it to the buyer.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:29 pm 

I pretty much agree with Ritchie. The truck is not numbers matching. That being said, I have heard of guy(s) paying more than the 15k asking price for a Brockway albiet in better shape. I am the owner of a 761 made 760 (tilt nose). These trucks can be easily built to whatever you want. The factory built them to whatever the customer wanted.
I have said it before and I'll say it again: We are dealing with a relitivley small group of people here. There may be 5,000 people who know what a Brockway is. 1,000 people who are really interested in them. 500 who want one. 135 who bring them out and show them. and only a few left that still run'um.
Sir, your 760 is a very nice piece indeed, but it will need money thrown at it (new rubber). Ask anything you want for it. Maybe a genuine younger Brockway enthusiast with a dream will come along and you'll be able to strike up a deal for a little less, knowing it will be preserved. If not call up Barrett-Jackson, and get it to one of there auctions. Thanks. Dane

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:17 pm 
Pardon me but am I missing something here. The fellow on the Model Builder site asked to be removed from the site from what it sounds like to me was harrassment on the Brockway Site.

Now you all are giving off disparaging remarks about the 760 and the price. In the USA you have the freedom to price your personal posessions the way you want Lets cut back on the derogatory remarks. Thie site is supposed to be fun, not nasty.
THANK YOU
Peter A Grimm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:25 pm 

I'm no lawyer but I do not see any sort of harrassment here. The guy asked for an opinion and got one. Sometimes the truth hurts. I have spoken with Mr. Wallace and he is greatful for everyones opionion and help. Maybe when he requests his posts to all be pulled, then we'll know there's a problem. I heard that the model builder was getting harrassed privetly. Maybe someday we'll all know who it was. The so called "harassment" here is being done in the open and on a public forum.
Thank You and God Bless...............

Last edited by dbaldwinjr on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:46 pm 
Post subject: Re: Facial recognitionPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:54 pm

Posts: 52 I find little humor in having the dog ( bull) that was so insecure that it had to turn the union upside down to put the superior dog out of business.

excuse me mr rockzee,

didnt you post this derogatory remark towards this dudes picture of his every day driver? im sorry brockway couldnt get along and got shut down by the higher up people, but who told brockway to sell out to mack in the first place? i think it is a big accomplishment that mack has still stayed in business (not sure for how long now) but whatever went on with the model guy was not right. everyone here can take a little busting now and then so people need to get over it. everyone is having fun on here, think it keeps the website spunky and refreshing. so what is someone came out and said what everyone was thinking. good night to all and lets be men here.

Last edited by Screamin 71 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:59 pm 
Thank you for speaking up.

Here biting my tongue wanting to put my two cents in.
Thanks for doing it for me.

:wink: Your trucker girl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:57 am 

It is the USA and hopefully "freedom of speech" will remain on this site. Differences of opinion and debate makes for good reading in my opinion. I think we are all grown men and women(nice pic ladyfinger 361) here and can take it.

Brian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:21 am 
Send private message  E-mail  AIM  Profile

Geez!! I hope Tom won't drop out because he isn't running Daytons!!

Emery