RT915 Shift Tower Wanted

Are you looking for an old part for your Brockway truck? Need help restoring an old truck? Here is the perfect forum to share with other Brockway owners.

Moderator: 359Huskidrive

RT915 Shift Tower Wanted

Postby oldspwr » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:44 am

A while back I posted some pics of the Brockway tanker that is owned by the Covington Fire Department, which is my local fire department. It's a 1972 N761LL-77007 and they ordered the truck brand new after the 257 they were restoring was destroyed when the fire house caught on fire.

A few years ago they had issues with water in the oil so they had the original 335 rebuilt. The motor was reinstalled in the truck but it was never finished. Yesterday one of the members of the fire company stopped by the garage and said he is finishing up the truck for his senior high school project. It turns out that the original shift tower is missing and he needs one to finish the truck. It has an RT915 it it and here is a pic of the dash tag...

If anybody has one or knows of one please let me know. It sure would be nice to see this Brockway on the road again.
oldspwr

Re: RT915 Shift Tower Wanted

Postby Huskiedrive361 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:19 pm

Tom - the shift tower that consists of the stick and the rectangular cast base is not specific to the RT915. That is referred to as "the remote tower" and is the same for all the road rangers. I you are talking about the large cover on the top of the transmission that holds the shift forks, that would be unique to the small 900 series trannys only. Try RZ, he might have something in stock.
Stan Augustine

V360TL
Huskiedrive361

Return to Brockway Repairs and Restoration Help