Rear Wheel Seal Info Needed

Are you looking for an old part for your Brockway truck? Need help restoring an old truck? Here is the perfect forum to share with other Brockway owners.

Moderator: 359Huskidrive

Rear Wheel Seal Info Needed

Postby oldspwr » Tue May 08, 2007 11:13 am

I am trying to locate a pair of new rear seals for my 155W. The rear is a 20503 Eaton two speed with budds and the seals are the same as my 20501 Eaton two speed with spokes. I have Cook Brothers in Pittson looking for them but we keep hitting road blocks. I believe there is a part number under the flange of the seal but I don't want to remove it and take a chance damaging it.

Here is a pic of the seal. Does anyone have a part number for this seal (from an old parts book maybe)? I have a book from the mid 40's for a 260XW but that rear is a 22501. It might be the same seal but I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Tom

oldspwr

Postby brockdoc02 » Tue May 08, 2007 12:58 pm

Tom try J becker and sons in Albany 518-434-3184
Ask For Wes Have your hub casting number ready if you can read it.They stock alot of really old and obsloete parts
brockdoc02

Postby Huskiedrive361 » Tue May 08, 2007 8:28 pm

Tom, as you probably know this seal keeps axle gear oil in the tube and not allow it to fill the hub when the bearings are grease packed. With todays modern wheel seals instead of a felt seal (at the opposite end) you could run your bearings as oil fed and eleminate the axle nut seal. Stemco discontinued the listing for the axle nut seal several years ago. I will check my old catalogs and see if I can identify anything. Stan 8)
Huskiedrive361

Return to Brockway Repairs and Restoration Help