Brockway cab compared to a Mack cab

Are you looking for an old part for your Brockway truck? Need help restoring an old truck? Here is the perfect forum to share with other Brockway owners.

Moderator: 359Huskidrive

Re: Brockway cab compared to a Mack cab

Postby rz761 » Thu May 01, 2014 6:53 pm

Also forgot to mencion. The cab on the Brockway was originally a standard non plus three cab, and in the end result is now a plus three. Everything lines up, the rear bolts for the cab line up, all comes together like it should. Now I did use the mack roof vent, I personally like the spot better up front than in the back. Its better flow of fresh air in my opinion. I also had to change my door latches to the later style r-model latch because the back of cab I used already had the holes for them. I also personally like the later style latches better because they sh** nicer. I was looking for nostalgic on this project, just what worked best, so it was a win win for me.

Richie
rz761

Re: Brockway cab compared to a Mack cab

Postby 146Wmike » Fri May 02, 2014 7:33 pm

Awesome , plus 3 cab ! I never even thought about that , I was happy with just a good roof and back panel . I'm putting tie rods and drag back together again this weekend ,but I want to jump into the cab project tonight ! I have to stop and stick to plan . Mechanical first then body work ,thanks again !
146Wmike

Previous

Return to Brockway Repairs and Restoration Help