It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:11 pm

Post subject: Ford N-1000
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:21 am 
Send private message  E-mail  Profile

I need parts for a 69 Ford n-1000(made them a few years). You either love them or you hate them. I am partial because it is the first diesel dump I ever rode in and also drove when was 16(we got it when i was about 8). By a stroke of luck a couple years ago I saw one pass on a rollback(sold it 10-15 years ago), the guy pulled over for some reason and I couldn't help but stop. Upon examining I realized it was my dad's old truck. Guy claimed he was on his way to scrap it. I told him I couldn't let that happen and he brought it home for me. I need the front grilles as sell as radiator,some other stuff as well. would be interested in whole trucks or parts. It had a 220 cummins, 5speed with 2 speed rear, straight pipe exhaust with no muffler. Not a brockway but still a stub nosed little beast.thanks.....Brian

Post subject: Re: Ford N-1000
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:40 pm 

Brian You will need to get ahold of Michelle Cole in Smithville Texas. She has just finished restoring a N-950 and is the resident guru of Ford trucks. She has her own website as well as being active on the ATHS and HVTA forum sites. Try aths.org and go to their forum and look for any thread she has replyed to then go to her presonal profile. Michelle has some some pictures of her N model on that forum as well as hvta.net. On aths you may have to go back a few months. If you fail using this route let me know and I will have a friend look her up in the ATHS membership roster.
Please post us some pictures in the non Brockway section
Brocky

Post subject: Re: Ford N-1000
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:35 am 

Thanks brocky,
I had emailed her a couple years ago. She has expanded her site so I will see if she would put a wanted ad for me. I just figured most everyone here scours junkyards etc for brocks in the northeast and might stumble on something. I might trade a brockway for a nice one so there is some added incentive. Michelle did a nice job on a n-950. I will see about posting a pic of it here in the non-brock section. michellesfords.com if anyone is interested

Later,
Brian