It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:52 pm

Post subject: Re: 155W Progress
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:01 pm 
Send private message  E-mail  Profile

HI TOM
TRUCK LOOKS GOOD! DID YOU HAVE TO PUT THE CLEAR ON? BECAUSE THE PICTURE IN THE FIRST STEP REALLY
LOOKED GOOD.

TONY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:11 pm 
Send private message  E-mail  AIM  Profile

eastwood sells a chrome kit like that too, i wonder if their's is any better :?:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:57 am 
Send private message  E-mail  WWW  Profile

Ok, 1 day left to the show and here's where we're at...

On Tuesday I picked up some 1x1 to make some brackets to hold the fenders in place to paint. My Dad and Mike spent the entire day wet sanding, and by the time I got home from work they were ready to paint. So by 11:00 the fenders were red :lol:

On Wednesday night we played with the carb adjusments, timing, etc, and installed new points. Then last night we finally installed the fenders. First thing we did was make gaskets to put between the 'boxes' and fender and the fender and frame mounts, and then loaded up the truck with towels to avoid any scratching...

Then we slid the fenders on and installed the turn signal lights and fender mirrors...

We took the truck outside then to adjust the headlights, and then brought in back in the first bay. Everyone is running around with either CAT or CUMMINS license plates on the front of their trucks, so I made a "Continental Motors" plate with some help from my brother :lol:

Well that's it for now! We'll be cleaning the truck today and getting ready for the trip to Cortland. My Dad and I will be in the truck and my wife Jennifer and my son Tommy will be following close behind in the 'chase vehicle'. We'll be catching up with Steve S. tomorrow morning and traveling up together.

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:23 am 

Beautiful...just beautiful. For those following along, you can see that
this truck was "crafted", not just a restoration.

I can not wait to see this in person....WELL DONE!

Last edited by Brockway Express on Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:38 pm 

Hi Tom - Your truck looks great. The colors are just right. The license plate was a good finishing touch. I'm glad you're driving it and that it's not a trailer queen. Mike P.S. take lots of pics at the show!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:40 pm 

Hey, Tom, just thought I'd let you know that I'm using one of the pictures of your truck as my background on my computer. Hope you don't mind. It sure is a sharp truck.

Josh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:26 am 

It's hard to believe that Cortland has come and gone, and it's the end of the summer all ready.... Just wanted to thank everyone for their comments and company at Cortland, and especially for voting for my truck. It's really a privilege to win "People's Choice" and I'm grateful...

So now it's time to start working on the truck again... My next project is to finish the headliner. I still have my original 'cardboard' patterns but they are in rough shape. So I figured I would start by making a cardboard template...

After making sure the template worked, I transferred the pattern onto luan (thin wood...) and cut them out with a jig saw.

I also made a piece to go across the front but had to make access holes for the levers on the air wipers. I also notched out for my CB. Here is a pic with the pieces installed. I lieu of the factory type push plugs to hold the pieces in, I bought U nuts and chrome trim screws from the local Napa store.

On the right side of the panel I finally found a place to mount my plate I pulled from my 148W parts truck...

I still need to figure out which material I am using but more than likely it will be some type of burgundy vinyl. I'll post more pics as I go along...

Finally, it was always my intention to put "Millard & Sons" on the door, so I drew up some samples and sat down with a friend of a guy I work with. He took my layout, did his thing with it and we finally applied it last night. It really came on nice, and I'm glad we were able to do it before our Harford show...

Here is what we started with...

Here is Jason Saar working on the door... Jason specializes in specialty motorcross helmets as well as truck lettering...

Here is the final product :lol:

That's it for now...

Tom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:02 am 
Send private message  Profile

Tom,

An absolutely beautiful restoration job on the 155W. A very deserving Peoples Choice award for the hard work you and your Dad put into this restoration. It was a pleasure to stop last spring and see your progress. You added many fine details to this truck. I'm sure the original owner was very surprised. I was sorry to have missed Cortland this summer but enjoyed the nice pictures and video that you and others posted of the show.
Also thank you for all you do with keeping the web-page interesting and adding the HuskieDrive web-page also. Your efforts are much appreciated.
Take care!

Ray Hildreth

N361TLY
F257T
B61T
W925

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:41 pm 

Hi Tom
I have a question today I went to put the molding on the top of the cab! I'd like to know what tools you use to make the bends in the corners I don't want to make a mistake

Thanks Tony

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:41 pm 

Hi Tony...

I just posted a new topic under the Restoration link to answer your question.

Tom