Hello

A general forum for all things Brockway.

Moderator: 359Huskidrive

Hello

Postby Huskiedrive2 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:11 pm

Hello? Hello? Is anyone still out there? :( :?:
It's so sad that the once mighty Brockway discussion board is now mostly an unused, dusty room. Will the last person left please turn out the lights -------
Huskiedrive2

Re: Hello

Postby 359Huskidrive » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:11 am

Modern Technology has made this forum a ghost town.........
When Twin Golden Huskies Pass You...... It's HUSKIDRIVE!
359Huskidrive

Postby rhjj » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:13 pm

359Huskidrive wrote:Modern Technology has made this forum a ghost town.........

I wouldn't call facebook technology. I found it childish, too bad they are letting this site die.
rhjj

Postby Second » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:24 pm

Stumbled on this one today. There is a whole twin deeper in the woods. Very interesting...
Attachments
IMG_4496a.jpg
Second

Postby Huskiedrive2 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:52 pm

Good Brockways and parts trucks or stockpiles of parts are still out there waiting to be found. Never let your attention falter. Look, ask questions, follow up on leads or rumors. You might just find the next big haul.
Stan
Huskiedrive2

Postby STRETCH » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:09 am

Still here guys.... Looking at least once a week.
Just nothin new to report.

"Mixer " is pretty much tucked in , I have our company open house
next week that I will take it too, then the NYS Fairground for the highway expo on October 17th

If anyone wants to bring a truck for outside display give me a call.
Problem is they want trucks there between 7-8 am and have to be out by 4, and it is during the week.

The only update I have is that my house garage is now housing my pickup.
If you remember forever ago, I had a 100 series that I was working on, that has now been put in the " garage- ma-hall" so I can start to work on it a little bit.

I will send some photos.

Stretch 8)
STRETCH

Postby Green Giant2 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:15 am

I am here still. Check in daily to see if new stuff came up.
We the unwilling, led by the unqualified ,are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
GG2
Green Giant2

Postby Pokey493 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:50 pm

I’m not on Facebook so I do check this site regularly. It seems that after brockwaytrucks.org went down for a time last year it never regained its following. It’s a shame because its a great place to learn about the trucks we hold in such high regard. Just my two cents worth.

Pokey
Pokey493

Postby richadr » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:41 pm

I do check in several times a week .The only thing new here is last Sunday I bobtailed the V12 to a show in Worcester, Ma. following my friends dump truck and ended up with a broken windshield from a stone I guess. It's going to be a pain to change it out ! I'm not calling Safelight for this one even though I'm covered .
richadr

Postby Huskiedrive2 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:19 pm

Not too bad of a job. Pull the lock strap, then take the corner glass out first. Pull the division bars. Now mark where the ends of the windshield are in relation to center line of the truck. Now take out the windshield. Installation is the reverse. Be sure to center the new windshield on your marks. Once all the glass is back in the rubber, use the proper installation tool to insert the lock strap back into the rubber.
Huskiedrive2

Postby richadr » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:24 pm

The pain I'm talking about is trying to get in position to do this without ruining my paint . I think if I pull off both air cleaners and cover the hood with blankets I can stand on the battery boxes and reach it. When I built the cab it was on a pallet on the floor. You can't leave the corner glass in place and just change the center ? You know where I might find some new corner glass ?
richadr

Postby Huskiedrive2 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:09 pm

Doug - you stand a far greater chance of breaking the center panel leaving the corners in place. Because the corners are curved they are much more rigid and can take the forces applied when drawing the rubber over the edge of the glass as things finally settle into place. The main center panel isn't very forgiving when working the rubber over the edges if you're trying to go into the edge rubber and a division bar at the same time. Unfortunately I don't know of anyone who has any new corners for sale. They are highly sought after.
Huskiedrive2

Return to Brockway Trucks Discussion