Happy thanks giving

A general forum for all things Brockway.

Moderator: 359Huskidrive

Happy thanks giving

Postby myfirstbrockway » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:26 pm

Happy thanksgiving everyone. I have been trying to put some pics of the brockways at their new home but I am having no luck so far. I just wanted everyone to know that Steve S. went way above and beyond the call of duty to help me out with the trucks. If all of the members are as good as Steve and Double Dog (and I know that ya'll are) then I look forward to meeting everyone at Courtland in a year or two.
Leonard
myfirstbrockway

Re: Happy thanks giving

Postby steve s. » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:14 pm

Thanks for the kind words Leonard. You have motivated me to finally get some pictures posted. Here is the story: These trucks belonged to a friend who passed away. I have been helping to dispose of his large collection of all sorts of vehicles. When we started our cleanup, scrap prices were still very high, but no one wanted to see the Brockways fall to the torch. Several people had looked at the trucks, but it was Leonard who decided to make the deal. After much planning two Brockway 359’s were finally loaded and shipped from Pennsylvania to their new home in Alabama this October. The dump truck has a Huskiedrive setup that came out of the red cab and chassis. Leonard, the new owner, had a former Huskiedrive truck already, and now has plenty of parts to put his back together. In fact, Leonard may now have one of the larger collections of Brockway trucks in the south (3). The truck driver that hauled the Brockways was from Montana, and had never heard of a Brockway truck before. He turned out to be a real good guy, and went to great lengths to back his rig up a path in the woods to make the loading go smoother. Best of luck with your project Leonard! Steve
Attachments
Back on pavement.jpg
53 foot trailer loaded.jpg
Freightshaker works its way out of the woods.jpg
Going to Alabama.jpg
steve s.

Re: Happy thanks giving

Postby Double Dog » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:34 am

Glad I could help you out Leonard, enjoyed our phone conversations. Looking forward to meeting you in Cortland and seeing your Brockway. Good luck on your project and don't be afraid to call anytime!
Ray Hildreth

N361TLY
F257T
B61T
W925
Double Dog

Return to Brockway Trucks Discussion