BTPA Question.

A general forum for all things Brockway.

Moderator: 359Huskidrive

BTPA Question.

Postby crashcrawford » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:46 pm

From a 1st year guy. Possible helpful tip, possible another dumbguy asking the same ole Question.
Why does the BTPA Membership expire July 31, the week BEFORE the "Big Show"? Why not make it expire AUGUST 31, and give the 1st timers 3-4 weeks free, and the "1st time renewing" members wouldn't question if they pay $10(member rate) or $15(non-member), since technically-I wasn't a member at the 2015 show until Saturday, and now I'm expired the week before the show.

Just doesn't make sense to me. Could use the "Get 3 Weeks Free" as a marketing tool at the show.
All-in-all, it doesn't make a darn bit of difference I guess. I just found it odd that I wasn't a member then, and I won't be this time either. I mean why waste a stamp and check, when I'll waste all the fuel to drive. :lol:
Chad Crawford

Brockway Model N358T-daily driver ;)
crashcrawford

Re: BTPA Question.

Postby Script Editor » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:41 pm

Thank you Chad for the question and I hope I can explain it for you. The membership did expire on August 31 in prior years. I found it to me too hectic for me to try to renew everybody who waited until the show and I could not enjoy it myself. So, I made all dues due by July 31 so members would renew on time and be able to receive the registration discount for the show. This way all membership cards, for the people who renewed on time, will be mailed to them before the show. Anyone can join now and be valid until July 31, 2016. You can also call with a credit card to the museum, and Doreen will inform myself and Bob Mudge of your payment. Or, if you give a 'Promise to renew' maybe we could charge you the member rate and you could pay at the show and I will have your new membership card ready to give you. I am resigning from the position of membership chairman so maybe who ever takes it over will have a better system.
It doesn't seem like I really explained it but, I hope you understand that it is mostly for my convenience.

Thanks,
Susan Grimm
Script Editor

Postby crashcrawford » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:40 pm

Okay. I KNEW there had to be a reason that I wouldn't think of because it didn't apply to me!!!
I mailed my Homecoming registration and reservations. Didn't ever occur to me to include the renewal! Next year I promise to do it all. Thanks for understanding and answering. See ya in a month!!!
Chad Crawford

crashcrawford

Postby Scranton 761 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:42 pm

Homecoming = Show? Or did I miss something?
Paul Polcha
Project E761L .... Taking the time to do it right!
Scranton 761

Postby crashcrawford » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:15 pm

Scranton 761 wrote:Homecoming = Show? Or did I miss something?

I thought the "Big Show" was "The Brockway Homecoming". Don't remember where I saw that, but I saw it somewhere. And it makes good sense...
Chad Crawford

crashcrawford

Postby Watchmaker » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:21 am

I have only been a member for one year so will there be renewal cards or reminders mailed out?
jim
Watchmaker

Postby Sled Dog » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:35 pm

The renewals were mailed out with the show registration. Mailed several weeks ago, and you should have it by now. Contact Susan at Brockwaynewsletter@hotmail.com if you don't have the renewal.
Sled Dog

Return to Brockway Trucks Discussion