A general forum for all things Brockway.

Moderator: 359Huskidrive

Postby Mr Brock » Tue May 22, 2007 8:55 pm

I found a 361..or I guess it found me. The owner of a sand pit in Maryland saw my 359 and stopped to tell me he had a 361 that had been sitting in the woods if I was interested. if not it was going to the scrap yard.

I went today and checked it out. The cab is pretty well shot. It has a 270 cummins with a fuller five speed with deep reduction and top loading big rears. It was originally a dump but the bed is gone now. They said it ran when they parked it. Are there cabs available? I'd love to re-build this tank. I dont think he has a title either, has anyone ever been through that process? Model is N361LL SN 81531 any help??

Mark
Mr Brock

Postby V8Brockway361TL » Wed May 23, 2007 10:16 am

Hello Mr Brock I have a cab that does need some work in the back and corner's. I am trying to finish a deal on a second truck soon. I will know hopefully in a week or so if I need the cab for this one. I have only seen the truck once for a quick look. As far as title there is a way to gererate a title out of Maine. You have to put insurance on it and pay them a fee to register it in Maine as a truck (no tractor's) by giving them power of attny. Then after a year you take the Maine title and change it to NY or whatever. At that time I believe you can change it to a tractor if you want. I have a friend who has done it I never have yet but I have been in contact with them to get the right Vin# on one of mine. Frank
V8Brockway361TL

Postby dbaldwinjr » Thu May 31, 2007 9:13 pm

SN 81531 is a 1974. Just get the truck and will figure out how to get papers for it later. It's a long process here in NY but it can be done. It took 8 months to get a title for my 74 359.
dbaldwinjr

Return to Brockway Trucks Discussion