Looking for help finding information for my Brockway

A general forum for all things Brockway.

Moderator: 359Huskidrive

Looking for help finding information for my Brockway

Postby bbsfdl60 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:20 pm

I am looking for any information that might be out there on a 1929 Brockway Fire Truck from Jundale Pa Vol. Fire dept. I am unable to find any original photos of this piece. I am certain that the wind shield is not original . I would like to bring it as close to the day it rolled off the floor as possible., if anyone can help I would be grateful
Bill
Attachments
img004web.jpg
bbsfdl60

Re: Looking for help finding information for my Brockway

Postby Sled Dog » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:40 pm

There is a 1925 Brockway Fire Truck in the Museum in Cortland, NY.
Sled Dog

Postby Emery Johnston » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:12 pm

Windshield may be original to Fire Body though. Surely we can come up with some pictures. Do you have serial numbers?

Emery
1949 260XW Resto Project
Emery Johnston

Postby bbsfdl60 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:31 pm

Emery Johnston wrote:Windshield may be original to Fire Body though. Surely we can come up with some pictures. Do you have serial numbers?

Emery

I will have to look.. I know there is a plate in the engine
bbsfdl60

Postby bbsfdl60 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:08 pm

It is a Model 80C1
Serial # 4692
bbsfdl60

Postby H762TL » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:05 pm

Cool truck! Its in great shape for being that vintage.
Jeff Shaw
67 N257T-74-66269
03 Chevy Duramax work in progress
H762TL

Postby Emery Johnston » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:08 am

That must be a LaFrance number if you have it correct. One of our number will know.
1949 260XW Resto Project
Emery Johnston

Postby bbsfdl60 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:12 am

Emery Johnston wrote:That must be a LaFrance number if you have it correct. One of our number will know.

that is on the Brockway plate on the firewall of the engine compartment..are there any other places I should look?
bbsfdl60

Postby BorinquenSpecial » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:47 am

That sound to be the correct model and serial number. Mine is a 1932 model 92 serial 5147. Your truck seems to be a Brockway-Indiana as mine, The windshield might be correct, but those signal light are not. And are those sealed beams? If so, not correct either. But still a beautiful truck.
Attachments
1932 Firetruck_edited.jpg
Picture.jpg
BorinquenSpecial

Postby bbsfdl60 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:07 pm

BorinquenSpecial wrote:That sound to be the correct model and serial number. Mine is a 1932 model 92 serial 5147. Your truck seems to be a Brockway-Indiana as mine, The windshield might be correct, but those signal light are not. And are those sealed beams? If so, not correct either. But still a beautiful truck.

What are sealed beams, and the two small warning lights must have been put on shortly after, very old wiring. All this time I thought the windshield was an add on . but I have a call into the preservation assoc. hopefully between the members here and the assoc. I might get a glimpse as to what it looked like off the line.
bbsfdl60

Postby BorinquenSpecial » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:21 pm

Sealed beams are the type of headlamps. On my truck, behind the headlights glass is a little light bulb while on yours the headlights looks like one unit. On the winshield, might be a fire department add on, because I'm remembering now my truck has Murphy fasteners around the dash and the seat as to fit like canvas cover, and the windshield would in the way to fasten them up. Here is a link for the fasteners, http://www.modeltford.com/item/MUR2.aspx. Who is the builder of your fire engine body? Mine was Buffalo Fire Appliances.
BorinquenSpecial

Postby bbsfdl60 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:49 pm

BorinquenSpecial wrote:Sealed beams are the type of headlamps. On my truck, behind the headlights glass is a little light bulb while on yours the headlights looks like one unit. On the winshield, might be a fire department add on, because I'm remembering now my truck has Murphy fasteners around the dash and the seat as to fit like canvas cover, and the windshield would in the way to fasten them up. Here is a link for the fasteners, http://www.modeltford.com/item/MUR2.aspx. Who is the builder of your fire engine body? Mine was Buffalo Fire Appliances.

I dont know , still looking for information..
bbsfdl60

Postby bbsfdl60 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:02 pm

Talked to the Mack Museum.... the gentleman explained that Brockway did not build fire trucks... they built the chassis and sent it to a fire truck builder.. is there anyplace on the truck that would tell me who the maker is?
bbsfdl60

Postby sbrant358 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:37 pm

It might even be possible that the body was fabricated by the fire company, if not then you might have to do some searching over the entire truck to find a tag or something that says who made it.
sbrant358

Postby diegosandovalv » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:09 am

Deleted
Last edited by diegosandovalv on Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
diegosandovalv

Postby Junkmandan » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:24 am

Usually the body builder's name is on the pump control panel that tells how many gallons per minute at what engine speed.
Junkmandan

Return to Brockway Trucks Discussion