William Preiser

A general forum for all things Brockway.

Moderator: 359Huskidrive

William Preiser

Postby Script Editor » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:39 pm

Hello All,

It was very sad that my father-in-law, William “Bill” Preiser passed away Thursday night or Friday morning, August 11th or 12th, 2011 on his way to attend his 10th National Brockway Truck Show. I am very happy to share great memories of attending the show with him for 8 years and his brother Edwin “Winnie” for 7 years. I know they both enjoyed it very much. I feel it would be nice for the family and friends to make donations to name a room in his honor and it would be a great memorial for him as the Potter family and friends have done for John, who was also an employee of Brockway. After Brockway closed its doors John started his own trucking company and also restored several Brockways.
I know the Preiser family is large so it should not be too hard to contribute a total of $75,000 and dedicate the Multi-Function Room to William. One thing the Multi-Function Room will be used for is parties and meals. I know William loved going to parties at his mother’s, sister’s, son’s, niece’s, and neighbor’s homes for any occasions. We could hold a good old fashioned family annual event of the Preiser family, the “October Party” here next August as one of our activities, if we could reach this goal.
I would like to start off this room dedication by donating myself $500.00 in memory of my father-in-law.

Please send donations to BTPA, William Preiser Memorial, P O BOX 333, Cortland, NY 13045.

Thank you for your Support,
Susan
Script Editor

Return to Brockway Trucks Discussion