New Issue of the "Script"

A general forum for all things Brockway.

Moderator: 359Huskidrive

New Issue of the "Script"

Postby Emery Johnston » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:03 am

Nice Job Susan!! You are clearly more than just a pretty face!! Anyone who didn't get a copy needs to join the support for the museum and help out all the "usual Suspects" that are doing a great job on the museum. Would love to be close enough to actually do some work but don't consider myself "Geographically challenged". Just like Brockway Today, Susan could use some stories from the membership.

Emery
1949 260XW Resto Project
Emery Johnston

Re: New Issue of the "Script"

Postby Script Editor » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:15 pm

Emery,
Thank you for your compliments. I hope everyone enjoyed your story as much as I did. A great find, restoration, and enjoyable surrey you now have. I would love to share anyone’s story with everybody. I am actually looking for some old pups that share their kennel with “SOB’s” some other breeds. If you have other toys besides Brockways please send a picture and small article for enjoyable winter reading.

I feel this organization is very important to the community to preserve the history of Brockway Trucks and the industry that was in central New York. Being closely involved for over a year with the Central New York Living History Center, and the Brockway Museum, and attending the show for 10 years, has been very rewarding for me, and I feel that I should give something back. When the discussion of a newsletter to get news out to more people was discussed at a Brockway Board Meeting, several people looked to me. I recently took on the position as editor to a motor home newsletter for a group I have been involved with since May 2010 and published ONE issue of that newsletter. With help from the entire Board, the name was set. That was the easy part. The format and other decisions were left up to me and the second edition shows changes and improvements which have been met with great accolades. The result is now in its second edition with the next two editions ‘in the works’. The idea of starting a Charter Membership drive is an important reason for the newsletter, but it is also written to inform our Brockway Family of the status of the museum and the whole HCCA and CNYLHC organizations. If anyone would like to become a Charter Member or make any other donations to help the museum proceed, please feel free to email me at brockwaynewsletter@hotmail.com. Our Third issue will be out in mid-September with a great follow up of the August show. Another issue in January/February will be sent with winter reading and a tentative, week long 100th Brockway Anniversary (1912-2012) schedule.

Susan
Script Editor

Postby Script Editor » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:41 pm

In addition to Editor of "The Brockway Script" I am also in charge of the Charter Membership Drive. So far to date we have 64 individual members and 5 businesses who have joined. One of the many great benefits of becoming a member is receiving the newsletter three times a year. It is a new venture for the Brockway board and I am open to all suggestions, and comments good or bad. The third edition is almost complete (12 pages), just waiting to fill a page or 2 with show pictures and highlights. I will begin a series of personal recognition,"human interest" stories of "extreme" Brockway Enthusiasts. The "whys" and "hows" behind the people who are giving all they can to make August 2012 the "awakening" of a dream come true. It began back in 2006 when the A.B. Brown building was bought then donated to the Brockway Truck Preservation Association for the home of the Brockway Truck Museum. It has since joined forces with TOYS and The Homeville Collection to create an attraction like no other. Next year being the 100th Anniversary of Brockway will make the opening extra special. That will be a week long celebration that no one will want to miss.
So please help the HCCA complete the renovation of the building in any way you can, by joining the BTPA Charter Membership, just a plain donation, or by physically helping on a Saturday. All is needed.
Thank you,
Susan
Script Editor

Postby Green Giant2 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:40 pm

Script Editor wrote:In addition to Editor of "The Brockway Script" I am also in charge of the Charter Membership Drive. So far to date we have 64 individual members and 5 businesses who have joined. One of the many great benefits of becoming a member is receiving the newsletter three times a year. It is a new venture for the Brockway board and I am open to all suggestions, and comments good or bad. The third edition is almost complete (12 pages), just waiting to fill a page or 2 with show pictures and highlights. I will begin a series of personal recognition,"human interest" stories of "extreme" Brockway Enthusiasts. The "whys" and "hows" behind the people who are giving all they can to make August 2012 the "awakening" of a dream come true. It began back in 2006 when the A.B. Brown building was bought then donated to the Brockway Truck Preservation Association for the home of the Brockway Truck Museum. It has since joined forces with TOYS and The Homeville Collection to create an attraction like no other. Next year being the 100th Anniversary of Brockway will make the opening extra special. That will be a week long celebration that no one will want to miss.
So please help the HCCA complete the renovation of the building in any way you can, by joining the BTPA Charter Membership, just a plain donation, or by physically helping on a Saturday. All is needed.
Thank you,
Susan
what do i have to do to become a charter member.
gg2
We the unwilling, led by the unqualified ,are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
GG2
Green Giant2

Postby Sled Dog » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:09 pm

Another New This Year... Friday August 12th. For the early birds... Hang out at the museum and check out the NEW GIFT SHOP. We will have a SLOW TRUCK RACE about 10:00 or so, truck pictures to color for kids, Ice cream (free for charter members and $2.00 for non-members), TOYS will be open, and Homeville will have a small display. Be sure to pickup your membership card and decals as soon as you arrive. See you there.
Sled Dog

Postby Script Editor » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:57 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am preparing the third issue of The Brockway Script.
It should be in the mail around October 8th or so. It will only be mailed to individual Charter Members and Business Charter Members of the Brockway Truck Preservation Association. It includes pictures and highlights of the National Show in August, the Museum Open House in June, Holiday in Homer, Cortland Dairy Parade, JenX Dance Studio Fundraiser held at the museum (with a special HOT ROD car), along with an updated list of Charter Members, another Great Tech Tips by our newest Grandfather, Stan Augustine and even a puzzle. I enjoyed making it as much as I enjoy completing them.

If you have not sent in your membership registration form please do so ASAP to receive the next issue. If you need a form please contact me at brockwaynewsletter@hotmail.com.

Thanks,
Susan
Script Editor

Postby Script Editor » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:38 pm

Hi All.
The third issue of The Brockway Script will be in the mail by Friday November 4th. I hope you enjoy it. With it will also be your membership card and decals if you did not get them in August.

Please join the Charter Membership by December 31, 2011 as there will be special events and centennial items only available to Charter Members or at a discount to Charter Members during next year's festivities. Also, I am taking suggestions for unusual activities for the week leading up to the Parade Weekend. All I can say is that it will be SPECTACULAR !!!!! A MUST ATTEND EVENT. We are working on the hotels for special week long discounts and will keep you posted.

June 8, 1977 at 1 PM the last Brockway rolled off the assembly line. There are some spectacular events and Brockway appearances that will mark this sad day in history. June 8, 2012 is also a day you may want to take a road trip to Cortland to be one of the first to enter the Museum, after its Grand Opening.

I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Thanks for your support,
Susan
Script Editor

Return to Brockway Trucks Discussion