A general forum for all things Brockway.

Moderator: 359Huskidrive

Re: 761

Postby Green Giant2 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:16 am

AS YOU CAN SEE I TURNED THE TRUCK AROUND, AND IT IS NICE TO SEE IT IN A DIFFERENT SPOT. THINK I HAVE THE WIRING IN THE DASH FIGURED OUT. COULDNT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY USED THE ROOF ( HI-LO) SWITCH AND WHAT ALL THE SPIGETTI WIRING WAS IN THE HEAD LINER TILL MY BROTHERNLAW WAS OVER LAST NITE TO SEE THE TRUCK. THEY HAD THE PLOW LITES MOUNTED ON THE CAB. DAH? BROKE MY 5/8 DRILL BITE SO I WILL GO GET A REAMER BIT ON MONDAY. REAR ENGINE MOUNTS ARE ORDERED AND WILL BE HERE MONDAY AND THE I WILL GET A CLUTCH AND BOLT THEM UP. I CAN JUST HEAR THE BARK OF THOSE 3 JAKES COMING OUT OF THE 5" BULL HAULER PIPES. WE HAD A NICE SHOT OF WARM WEATHER HERE,50 OUT SIDE NOW BUT TEMPS STARTING TO DROP.
GG2
We the unwilling, led by the unqualified ,are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
GG2
Green Giant2

Postby Green Giant2 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:51 pm

GOT MY HIGH SPEED REAMER TODAY. WOW THAT WORKS NICE AND FAST AND CLEAN. DRILLED ALL THE HOLES ON THE RIGHT SIDE IN 1.5 HOURS. DOES ANYONE KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE GEARS FOR A PTO ON A 12513 AND A 14613, WAS TOLD THEY WONT MESH UP.
GG2
We the unwilling, led by the unqualified ,are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.
GG2
Green Giant2

Postby Huskiedrive361 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:07 am

I believe that the 12513 has coarse teeth on the counter shaft to drive the pto and the 14613 has fine teeth. Maybe someone can tell you for sure. Stan
Huskiedrive361

Postby Green Giant2 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:02 pm

WAS BUSY TODAY. GOT THE FRAME ALL DRILLED AND THE REARS ROLLED UNDER AND BOLTED UP FOR TRIAL FIT. SENT SOME PICS OFF TO TOM.
GG2
GG2
Green Giant2

Postby Green Giant2 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:10 am

AFTER ROLLING THE REARS IN I REPLUMBED THE AIR CIRCUTS. ALSO WORKED IN THE CAB AND PLACED DASH PANEL BACK IN PLACE. FOUND MY CLEARANCE LAMP SWITCH WAS TOUCHING THE SPIKE AND SHORTING, REPLACED WITH SMALLER SWITCH. MY BODY MAN WAS HERE AND LOOKED AT THE TRUCK AND GAVE ME A CHORE LIST OF THINGS TO DO. STRIPPED THE DOORS AND FOUND THE (WINDOW WORKS ) IN BAD SHAPE. WAS GOING TO ORDER ALL WEATHER STRIPPING FROM MACK UNTIL I FOUND WHAT THE PRICE WAS. THEN REMEMBERED THAT MY WIFE'S UNCLE GAVE ME ALL HIS STUFF FROM HIS R MODEL. FORGOT THAT BOX WAS ON LOFT, AND FOUND MOST OF THE STUFF NEW IN BOX. HAVE ONE NEW WINDOW SEAL EXTRA IF ANY ONE NEEDS ONE (FREE) NOW THE LITTLE PURCHASES WILL START TO ADD UP.
GG2
GG2
Green Giant2

Postby 761crazy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:28 am

Hi Don. I double checked my transmission. It is a RTOF-9513. Let me know what you decide.
761crazy

Postby Green Giant2 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:45 pm

UPDATE, HAVE BEEN TAKING ALL THE STUFF OFF THE TRUCK TO GET READY FOR PAINT. DOORS ,LITES, AIR HORN, LUBRIFINER, AIR FILTER HOUSING. READY TO PULL WINDSHIELD GLASS SOON. I HAD TO SWITCH BAT. BOXES , OLD ONES WERE SHOT. WENT AND PICKED UP THE NEW CLUCTH TODAY, WENT WITH A CERAMIC ONE. ALSO PICKED UP A ( EAST) HEADACHE RACK AT CASEY'S. I COULD SPEND DAYS IN THAT YARD. GUESS I WILL HAVE TO TAKE THE SCRAP IN THAT I HAVE NOW THAT I AM INTO MY CASH RESERVES. PICKED OUT MY COLOR SCHEME, BURGANDY CAB AND HOOD WITH BLACK FENDERS AND FRONT COWL WITH BLACK FRAME, WHAT YA THINK. FEED BACK PLEASE.
GG2
GG2
Green Giant2

Postby Green Giant2 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:53 pm

pulled the drivers side fuel tank and found two spots that the rust gonr through. drained the tank and flipped it up on saw horses. i was able to needle scale tha area then grind it down. found some thin plate and was able to weld both spots in with one sheet. its on the bottom front and isnt seen to good. pulled the pas. side tank off my red 361 and found that was dented to bad to use so i will rob the one off my yellow 361. i still may take the driver side tank of of red 361 and use. i need to fill in under the pas. door and still mount a wet line tank. set my headache rack on the back of the truck to see what it looks like. my idea for my exhaust wont work so i will have to redisign. need two 5" outlets. we start sanding and fixin body stuff tomarrow.
gg2
GG2
Green Giant2

Postby Green Giant2 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:59 pm

WELL SEAMS AS I KEEP TAKING STUFF OFF TRUCK. AFTER BUYING $300 IN SANDING SUPPLYS WE WILL FINALLY START WED. MORN. MY WIFE HAS BEEN VERY GOOD WITH ME LATELY. SPENDING LOTS OF TIME WITH ( BIG JOHN). CHECKING ON DRIP RAIL, FOUND IT COMES AS ONE PIECE NOW AND HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO LOCATE SKIRT PANELS YET. HEY PAUL I STILL HAVE TO CHECK ON THE F 700 HEAD LINER INFO.
GG2
GG2
Green Giant2

Postby Green Giant2 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:14 am

WELL I HAVE TO LEARN THIS PICTURE THING SOON CAUSE NOW WE WILL HAVE PLENTY OF GOOD PICS COMING. GOT THE TOP OF THE CAB STRAIGHTENED AND WELDED UP. HATE TO SAY IT BUT THERE WILL BE FILLER UP THERE. ORDERED MY DRIP RAIL,SKIRTS,WINDSHIELDS,DOOR HANDLE AND FELTS FOR WINDOWS. MADE EXTENTIONS ON THE TO PANELS THAT THE OLD OWNER HACKED WITH GRINDER, LOOKS CLOSE. GOT THE SAND BLASTER OUT AND DID THE BAT. BOXES . WANT TO DO THE AIR TANKS AND FUEL TANKS ALSO.
GG2
GG2
Green Giant2

Postby Green Giant2 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:56 pm

HAD A VERY BAD DAY TODAY, THE CHAIN BROKE THAT HELD THE MOTOR AND TRANNY UP AFTER POWER WASHING IT. FEEL TO GROUND SMASHING OIL PAN. HOPE IT DIDNT WARP BELL HOUSING.
DEPRESSED IN ALEXANDER GG2
NO ONE GOT HURT ATLEAST.
GG2
Green Giant2

Postby Huskiedrive361 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:19 pm

GG2 - front sump or rear? I have a spare front sump Cummins pan if you need it. Free to a fellow Brockway nut in time of need. I'm in Elmira and could meet you halfway, somewhere like Dansville. If you're using a standard straight up bellhousing, I might be able to help with that too. Let me know. Stan
Huskiedrive361

Postby Green Giant2 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:47 pm

Huskiedrive361 wrote:GG2 - front sump or rear? I have a spare front sump Cummins pan if you need it. Free to a fellow Brockway nut in time of need. I'm in Elmira and could meet you halfway, somewhere like Dansville. If you're using a standard straight up bellhousing, I might be able to help with that too. Let me know. Stan

THANKS STAN, ITS A FRONT SUMP, I HAVE ONE ON A 400BC THAT IS TIRED AND IS ONLY ON BY A COUPLE BOLTS. HOPE THE BELLHOUSING ISNT HURT, JUST HAD IT ALL DIAL INDICATED.
THANKS GG2
GG2
Green Giant2

Postby Green Giant2 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:52 pm

well my mood is alittle better today. did look things over this a.m.. do see a small crack in the bell housing on pas. side were the block and housing are dowled. we went down to the pit and brought back my 69 with the 400bc. motor was only held in with two bolts. took motor is shop and pulled pan and bell housing and installed old cracked rear sump pan i had so motor stays dry. also pulled two fuel tanks to use on 761. now i have to pull tranny and clutch out to check housing.
gg2
GG2
Green Giant2

Postby oldspwr » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:16 pm

Glad no one was hurt...

oldspwr

Postby Green Giant2 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:42 pm

thanks tom
GG2
Green Giant2

Postby Huskiedrive361 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:01 pm

Ditto on glad no one was hurt. It could have been worse. I saw Mack 6 drop from about four foot as it was going over the bumper and into an R model engine bay. Smashed a lot more than just the oil pan. Got the injection pump, and air compressor, as well as some wiring on the frame. The swinging chain took out the windshield. Boy was the service manger pissed. Glad I was working over in the next bay! Stan
Huskiedrive361

Postby anthony masone sr » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:38 pm

GG2 I am really sorry to see what happened. glad no one got hurt.
I had a few incidents happened to me it just makes you a little better at what you do.
Tony's Brockway Pick Up
anthony masone sr

Postby Green Giant2 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:28 pm

thanks guy's for the nice words. got the clutch and tranny back in place and will put pan on tomarrow, did find a small bit of coolant in the pan. will run water in motor for summer to see whats up. did see the slime on the inside of the liner, so ether a pin hole in liner or a head gasket.
gg2
GG2
Green Giant2

Postby Green Giant2 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:19 pm

also noticed that the back of the bell housing isnt square to the oil pan flange. that would explain why the six bolts on the flange were not as tight after i dropped the engine when the rear flanges cracked,they pulled closer to the bell housing then. maybe by tomarrow i will be back to were i was on friday.
gg2
GG2
Green Giant2

PreviousNext

Return to Brockway Trucks Discussion