Donations

It's Official!!!

If you have ever had a chance to walk through the museum over the past year, you would notice there was a small poster hanging up that had a list of items required to finish the construction of the museum. Next to each item was a dollar amount associated with it. Although a number of grants had been obtained for such things as lighting improvements, etc., additional funding was still required to make the dream a reality. Well as of this week, it's official... 

Donated 358 at the 2010 Auction

For this years 2010 auction, Peter Grimm has graciously donated another complete Brockway.  This years truck is a 358 model with a Cummins V8 and Roadranger transmission.  Being a former fuel truck for Citgo, the truck also comes complete with working pump and tank setup.

This truck runs and yards drives and stops and would make an excellent candidate for a restoration.  Also check out the rare quad headlights with were only used for a limited time by Brockway. 

1973 527 Covington Fire Company Ladder Truck

The Brockway Museum Board of Directors would like to thank the Covington Fire Company for the gracious donation of their 1973 Model 527 ladder truck. This truck is one of the first donations the museum has received and the truck was presented at the 10th Annual Brockway Truck Show this past August. 

Up until the summer of 2009, Covington not only had one but two Brockway’s in service. In 1971, the fire company was in the process of restoring a 1966 Model 257 to be used as a tanker. The restoration was three quarters complete when a fire broke out in the fire house and destroyed the truck. To replace the damaged Brockway, Covington ordered a new 361 and fitted it with the tank that was originally intended for the 257. Shortly thereafter, Covington decided to order a 527 and this is where the story gets interesting.

Body: 

Covington Twp Fire Company in Daleville, PA donates their 1973 Model 527 Ladder Truck.

Brockway Carriage Donation from Richard Duksa

This Brockway carriage was donated to the museum by Richard Duksa. The buggy was purchased by Rich's grandparents and was used as their going to church and shopping transportation. Joseph and Francis established Oak Bluff farm in Southington, Conn. The farm is still in the Duksa family. A road reconstruction project required the removal of the barn in which the buggy had been stored in for many years. Rich was looking for a new home for the family carriage where it could be preserved and appreciated for years to come. Rich discovered the Brockway Museum project through the web site.

The closest model in the 1900 wholesale catalog seems to be the Concord model #345 which is listed at $55.00.We believe that this buggy is a little older, perhaps mid 1890's. Although a little rough around the edges the carriage is complete and we think it will make a good example of an "as found" Brockway buggy.

1947 146W to be Auctioned on August 7th!

We have just received word that a Brockway is being donated to the museum. The truck will be featured at the Friday night auction and proceeds from it's sale will be donated to the museum. The truck is a 1947 146W-30-34393 and has the 40B flathead Continental 6 cylinder engine with a 5 speed Fuller transmission and a 2 speed Eaton rear. The truck is fitted with a winch and a boom and has an interesting parascope located in the roof.

The truck was originally located in Connellsville, PA and spent it's life working at a rigging company. Currently the truck has under 60,000 miles on it and is in very good condition.